Amble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommendations please for weekend away with mates.
Pubs with real ale.
Somewhere for evening meal. Can be pub or restaurant but nowt too posh as we'll have been drinking all day.
Walk to blow off cobwebs on Saturday morning. Nothing too strenuous, maybe 2-3 hours with a pub stop at some point. I was thinking of heading past Warkworth Castle then towards the coast and walking back along the river.

Obviously Google has a lot of information but I'd hope the SMB would have useful first hand knowledge.
Mini bus to Alnwick-loads better than Amble-Indian ...Misvesi...take your own booze

Recommendations please for weekend away with mates.
Pubs with real ale.
Somewhere for evening meal. Can be pub or restaurant but nowt too posh as we'll have been drinking all day.
Walk to blow off cobwebs on Saturday morning. Nothing too strenuous, maybe 2-3 hours with a pub stop at some point. I was thinking of heading past Warkworth Castle then towards the coast and walking back along the river.

Obviously Google has a lot of information but I'd hope the SMB would have useful first hand knowledge.

I'd avoid Amble like.

Nicer places around there.

I'd avoid Amble like.

Nicer places around there.
Not an option, we're already booked and paid for. It was cheap which leaves more money in the kitty for beer and bait.
When we choose a location we have simple requirements. Less than 2 hours drive. 3-4 pubs with real ale within walking distance (30 mins walk). Somewhere to get food. A bit of scenery where we can go for a stroll (and take some photos so the wives don't think we've been on the piss the whole time).

Well that was a queer old weekend, never been to a place like it. It was like being on holiday in Murton.
Ate in Zeccas and the Taj Mahal, both very good. Zeccas undercharged us but we owned up so the young lad didn't get into trouble.
There was something happening in Warkworth yesterday that involved lots of hysterical women shouting at us asking if someone had jumped from the bridge. There was a bloke staggering around apparently covered in blood. The coast guard got involved and started questioning us.
We'd only stopped to take in the scenery for two minutes and everyone assumed we'd witnessed something. Christ knows what it was.

Had a great time but I don't think I would rush back, the locals don't seem to be wired up right.

Well that was a queer old weekend, never been to a place like it. It was like being on holiday in Murton.
Ate in Zeccas and the Taj Mahal, both very good. Zeccas undercharged us but we owned up so the young lad didn't get into trouble.
There was something happening in Warkworth yesterday that involved lots of hysterical women shouting at us asking if someone had jumped from the bridge. There was a bloke staggering around apparently covered in blood. The coast guard got involved and started questioning us.
We'd only stopped to take in the scenery for two minutes and everyone assumed we'd witnessed something. Christ knows what it was.

Had a great time but I don't think I would rush back, the locals don't seem to be wired up right.
Standard weekend in that neck of the woods.

:lol: I'm glad it was a success then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back