amazing sunrise today

Status
Not open for further replies.

They're all hunting in packs now, trying to get me banned. Probably so I can't finish 2nd in the December competition. All the best togs are on banning orders anyway. Just wait until you pansies are chasing clouds on the Northumberland coast and you need help from a ten stop tog like me. I'll leave you to the f***ing fast shutter speeds. Smug wankers.

Oh, nearly forgot, ;)

There will be an amnesty period allowed to phase them out ;)

FFS just ban them now! :lol:

Updated list of banned things on the photoboard

Wonky horizons
HDR
Beginners
Peasant shots
Monks
Old bints in black and white
10 stoppers
Dunstanburgh
The Sage
Shepherds using lambs as scarves (fcking evil practice anyway)
Seaham Harbour
AB22 threads
Steeeeed

Encouraged practices

Good knitwear
Spirit levels
Dildos

Phew worried the dildo's were gonna be on the banned list for a moment there!

We at the National Horizontalist Front get called nazis all the time curiously. But only by the people we are dealing with

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range does it not?

So wouldn't that make it an an acronym?

Erm, nope! HDR does not spell out a word (or anything that could be pronounced as a word!). World Health Organisation (WHO), Mothers Against Drink Driving (MADD), and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) are all acronyms as you can say them as a word. HDR, SMB, and FTM, despite the fact that each letter stands for a word, are not acronyms. They are initialisations. God I'm a boring bastard!

Erm, nope! HDR does not spell out a word (or anything that could be pronounced as a word!). World Health Organisation (WHO), Mothers Against Drink Driving (MADD), and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) are all acronyms as you can say them as a word. HDR, SMB, and FTM, despite the fact that each letter stands for a word, are not acronyms. They are initialisations. God I'm a boring bastard!

HDR is an acronym. WHO is both a acronym, and a blend.

Acronym - a pronounceable name made up of a series of initial letters or parts of words; for example, UNESCO for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization

Source - Collins English Dictionary ... And some fella on the telly that I heard it from a while ago.

I'm going to go home now and cry myself to sleep over getting so worked up about something that really doesn't matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back