amazing sunrise today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acronym - a pronounceable name made up of a series of initial letters or parts of words; for example, UNESCO for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization

Source - Collins English Dictionary ... And some fella on the telly that I heard it from a while ago.

I'm going to go home now and cry myself to sleep over getting so worked up about something that really doesn't matter!

Aye marra, it's not important. Until I can find evidence that I'm right. :mad:

Erm, nope! HDR does not spell out a word (or anything that could be pronounced as a word!). World Health Organisation (WHO), Mothers Against Drink Driving (MADD), and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) are all acronyms as you can say them as a word. HDR, SMB, and FTM, despite the fact that each letter stands for a word, are not acronyms. They are initialisations. God I'm a boring bastard!

Honestly didn't know that.

Yeah you are a boring bastard and I can guarantee that at some point I'll use this info as am also a boring bastard :-D

ThankHeavenForShed 7 said:
Acronym - a pronounceable name made up of a series of initial letters or parts of words; for example, UNESCO for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization

Source - Collins English Dictionary ... And some fella on the telly that I heard it from a while ago.

I'm going to go home now and cry myself to sleep over getting so worked up about something that really doesn't matter!

The only saving grace for you is that you have Shed 7 in your user name. I f***ing love Shed 7 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back