Am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s a vegan isn’t he? And credits it to extending his career

Has a generally plant based diet, eats lots of fish after training and as he says “. Why continue eating foods my body doesn’t really need?”

But obviously professional footballers should be absolutely caning burgers. All the greats do it. Which is why Rooney is still going strong while Defoe is doing some coaching job at Derby. Oh.

Perhaps they were getting on a separate train direct to Scotland to see their families?

Grigg was seen by himself with a dominoes pizza.

These are things you dont know the answers too yet you are making assumptions.

No assumption. Just seems strange that 2 players are pictured by themselves and grigg was also spotted alone.

If you were parkinson would you be letting players go their own way after that horror show?

10 days without a game and then away again straight after?

They should have been in today and they should be kept together as much as possible as that team has zero togetherness within it.

Ok he might have a burger once a month or something but are you seriously suggesting the nackers that play for us take care of themselves and McGuire just so happened to be having his monthly salt intake.

Yes, he is. Bizarre.

Last edited:
I’m sure Defoe has had plenty of burgers , do you really think footballers just never eat any sort of junk food? If you do then your living on cloud cuckoo land

Defoe who said this?

“I’d say maybe four days a week, I eat an entirely vegan diet,” says Defoe. “I can’t remember the last time I ate meat, it wasn’t something I really ate that much throughout my career. I’ve also cut out dairy products in recent years. Other changes include using only gluten-free or wholewheat pasta as I felt bloated and lethargic after eating white pasta.”

Defoe who said this?

“I’d say maybe four days a week, I eat an entirely vegan diet,” says Defoe. “I can’t remember the last time I ate meat, it wasn’t something I really ate that much throughout my career. I’ve also cut out dairy products in recent years. Other changes include using only gluten-free or wholewheat pasta as I felt bloated and lethargic after eating white pasta.”

Like I have already said he only made those changes in his career later on to make sure he could play longer, does he say in that article he never ate a burger ever!!!

That’s 1 player, come on then show me every other pro footballers diet, seriously people are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they are the only 2 players having the odd burger here and there
Have you seen who is keeping them out the side?

Imagine not being able to command a place in a team 11th in league f***ing 1. Where is the pride?
Where is the professionalism?

Our only half decent attacking options left out because of only 1 thing and its not confidence or playing shit. Its down to attitude and this is just a small example of a far bigger issue, probably the biggest issue at the club.

Honestly if they played 90 minutes, bust their balls and been narrowly defeated I could have let it slide but that really isn’t the case and it just shows the lack of commitment and professionalism.

Have you seen who is keeping them out the side?

Imagine not being able to command a place in a team 11th in league f***ing 1. Where is the pride?
Where is the professionalism?

Our only half decent attacking options left out because of only 1 thing and its not confidence or playing shit. Its down to attitude and this is just a small example of a far bigger issue, probably the biggest issue at the club.
Our best attacking options were left out because of the managers tactics, he went there hoping for a draw

A vegan diet has extended defoes, have no idea if it works for everyone. That wasn’t the argument, we have no idea what the general diet of any of our players is
Not knowing doesn’t mean that eating crap is professional and going to lead to high performance/recovery

Your argument seems to be “others do it, so it’s ok”.

Not knowing doesn’t mean that eating crap is professional and going to lead to high performance/recovery

Your argument seems to be “others do it, so it’s ok”.
No my argument is fans over reacting about nothing, they are allowed to eat a takeaway as king as it’s not everyday

Ok, so we've established that booze and burgers aren't playing a part in our players absolutely woeful fitness so what can it be then ? Come on everybody think ... think.... There has to be something that's having an effect on their bodies. Maybe they're all on 40 Marlboros a day ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back