Am i missing something?

Ok, so we've established that booze and burgers aren't playing a part in our players absolutely woeful fitness so what can it be then ? Come on everybody think ... Think.... There has to be something that's having an effect on their bodies. Maybe they're all on 40 Marlboros a day ?

They must be eating too much veg and overindulging in ionised water.

I put on about his lack of professionalism a few weeks ago but because he had a decent half of football I got hammered. He’s so inconsistent and I’m telling you now he’ll try and turn it on for the last 10 games for a new contract.

Absolutely nailed on mate. Heard loads about him hammering it out in Newcastle last season on nights out. The lads been unprofessional right throughout his career

They have stunk out the place at every opportunity they have had. The manager cant be blamed for players lack.of interest/effort.
And there it is another typical fan thing to say when we are playing shit, lack of interest and effort !! What a load of rubbish it’s a lack confidence and playing shit coupled with piss poor tactics from the manager

And there it is another typical fan thing to say when we are playing shit, lack of interest and effort !! What a load of rubbish it’s a lack confidence and playing shit coupled with piss poor tactics from the manager

They weren't playing well under Ross neither though. Was he solely to blame too? Do the players have no responsibility or accountibility for their own performances?

You could argue confidence also comes from preperation, whilst the manager shares this responsibility, it's up to the players to ensure they do everything they possibly can to make sure they're at the top of their game.

Last edited:
Are you totally satisfied with the fitness of our players throughout the squad ? If yes fair enough, if no, which ones do you think could do with improvement ?

Yeah theres no blame whatsoever to be placed at the players door.

I can almost hear parkinson during the tactical brief telling "the king" to turn back on himself 3 times then play it 20 yds back to a defender and when he loses the ball walk back with zero urgency.

And mcgeady to just do what he likes strolling around like hes doing us a favour just by turning up.

Given your vast footballing knowledge what do you think would improve confidence and playing better?

Attitude
Application
Communication
Team building

Maybe just a big mac and let everyone else shoulder the blame.

Yeah theres no blame whatsoever to be placed at the players door.

I can almost hear parkinson during the tactical brief telling "the king" to turn back on himself 3 times then play it 20 yds back to a defender and when he loses the ball walk back with zero urgency.

And mcgeady to just do what he likes strolling around like hes doing us a favour just by turning up.

Given your vast footballing knowledge what do you think would improve confidence and playing better?

Attitude
Application
Communication
Team building

Maybe just a big mac and let everyone else shoulder the blame.
Nobody said there was no blame , they are playing shit and making mistakes.
Are you totally satisfied with the fitness of our players throughout the squad ? If yes fair enough, if no, which ones do you think could do with improvement ?
Yes, this fitness rubbish comes out everytime we are playing shit, then if never mentioned if we win games
They weren't playing well under Ross neither though. Was he solely to blame too? Do the players have no responsibility or accountibility for their own performances?

You could argue confidence also comes from preperation, whilst the manager shares this responsibility, it's up to the players to ensure they do everything they possibly can to make sure they're at the top of their game.
The players do have to take some responsibility, if your playing shit you work though it and try and regain some form. But this whole overreaction to 2 players eating a burger is just ridiculous

Last edited:
In club wear (professional dress), in BK, table for two (those two who are not fit to run for 90) = very poor decision.

Nobody said there was no blame , they are playing shit and making mistakes.

Yes, this fitness rubbish comes out everytime we are playing shit, then if never mentioned if we win games

The players do have to take some responsibility, if your playing shit you work though it and try and regain some form. But this whole overreaction to 2 players eating a burger is just ridiculous
You have to be on a wind up.

When you are paid to be a professional footballer you have a responsibility to be as athletic and fit as possible to give you the best chance of being on top of your game. Eating a McDonald's isn't going to help that. Why can't people understand this?

If we were 12 points clear and pissing the league then fair enough, have a treat but we are massively underperforming so show a bit of heart and desire ffs.

11th in league one. Closer to relegation than promotion yet popping into McDonalds for a Big Mac. 'Players are only human' etc etc. Just fuck off man.

a wind up about what? Because I’m not bothered about the players eating a burger!!!anyone bothered by that should give there heads a shake , if we had won the game nobody would give a shit about them eating a burger

I think that's the point...we're not winning games.

He maintains low body fat and high strength/muscle tone. Many other athletes have also commented on the psychological toll a strict diet takes on them and that cheat meals/days help alleviate this.

Michael Phelps is the same way if you need a more 'athletic' comparison :rolleyes:

Id agree with you normally but not after watching Maguire run about this year, a lot of people commented on his gut at the start of the season too.

Back