ALS ALS Exclusive: Takeover No Go

I would also suggest to you look up the meaning of the word cabal, it is quite specific hence my comment that it was taken out of context
Afaik a cabal is a small group of people united in some close design, usually to promote their private views of or interests in an ideology, state, or other community, often by intrigue and usually unbeknownst to those outside their group there mate

However that doesn't tell the full story. Historically it has meant a secret political clique or faction dedicated to bringing down the government of a country

Therefore you have the option of a secret organisation dedicated to slagging off Charlie and Stewart or a group of plotters wanting to take down the "empire" they have created, both of which are pretty ridiculous

Afaik a cabal is a small group of people united in some close design, usually to promote their private views of or interests in an ideology, state, or other community, often by intrigue and usually unbeknownst to those outside their group there mate

However that doesn't tell the full story. Historically it has meant a secret political clique or faction dedicated to bringing down the government of a country

Therefore you have the option of a secret organisation dedicated to slagging off Charlie and Stewart or a group of plotters wanting to take down the "empire" they have created, both of which are pretty ridiculous
Dear me, have you waited all day to post that? :lol:

Some of it's synonyms...

clique, faction, coterie, group, set, band, party, camp, gang, ring, cell, sect, caucus, league, confederacy, junta

At least a few that it could relate to ;)

Supporters are allowed an opinion. Whether you/me agree with them views. Methven has got to realise this.
The problem is, some people are completely uninformed & scream their opinions from the rooftops, where other, completely uninformed individual takes it as truth.

If I’d been working my arse off for over a year (there’s something no one can deny, regardless of their own money invested into the playing side) & someone was slagging off what I’d done, even though I believed it was all for the good of the club, it’s difficult to take those opinions & just let them go.

The problem is, some people are completely uninformed & scream their opinions from the rooftops, where other, completely uninformed individual takes it as truth.

If I’d been working my arse off for over a year (there’s something no one can deny, regardless of their own money invested into the playing side) & someone was slagging off what I’d done, even though I believed it was all for the good of the club, it’s difficult to take those opinions & just let them go.

The club has had this problem for years mate, but sadly social media/forums provide these muppets with a platform they have never really had.

As I posted earlier, even Quinny struggled to understand their agenda - especially as he was trying to build something positive for the club/City

Supporters are allowed an opinion. Whether you/me agree with them views. Methven has got to realise this.

Supporters are, but a lot of these clowns are at best fair weather. Sadly, they have their own agendas and talk utter shite

Last edited:
The club has had this problem for years mate, but sadly social media/forums provide these muppets with a platform they have never really had.

As I posted earlier, even Quinny struggled to understand their agenda - especially as he was trying to build something positive for the club/City

Supporters are, but a lot of these clowns are at best fair weather. Sadly, they have their own agendas and talk utter shite
I’ll be honest, it’s all a bit depressing. We’ve got some amazing supporters, but we’ve also got those who can’t wait to pull it all apart at the first chance. Regardless of their agenda, the work they’ve done off the field & to a certain extent on it in the last year has to be commended. It didn’t end well last season, but throwing money at it & failing at our level could be suicide.

I’ll be honest, it’s all a bit depressing. We’ve got some amazing supporters, but we’ve also got those who can’t wait to pull it all apart at the first chance. Regardless of their agenda, the work they’ve done off the field & to a certain extent on it in the last year has to be commended. It didn’t end well last season, but throwing money at it & failing at our level could be suicide.

Failing at this level full stop will be suicide, if we don't go up this year the club is in serious trouble

I don’t pretend to know the reasons, but it does seem to be a Sunderland thing to always look at the negatives. It is something you notice more when you move out of the area.

I am not just talking football here, you see it with the developments in the town, so lots of people questioning the need for Keel Square, the new bridge, hotel builds etc. when these sort of developments would be welcomed elsewhere and seen as essential developments to help and improve the town/city.

Obviously not everyone is all negative, but there is certainly a very vocal minority.

Not really no, whoever they are, they are such a small proportion of our support I don't know why he even mentions them. They are hardly having any affect on things.
They might be small in number, but read any thread on this board, go on any group on Facebook or thread on Twitter & they’re the ones that shout loudest.

I had a really petty argument on Facebook (I shouldn’t have even read it never mind replied) the other day because some fella was spouting everything negative, said Campbell was yet another American & we’d only won one of our last 11 games. I pointed out both of these things were factually incorrect, so if he can’t get basic things right, how can anyone take his opinion seriously. Got told to fuck off a few times.

If you’re the owners & you’re getting idiots like him giving it the big one, multiplied on public forums & you can’t debate or correct every single one & it keeps coming, you’re bound to get pissed off with the minority doing it.

Failing at this level full stop will be suicide, if we don't go up this year the club is in serious trouble
I’d rather take my chances doing what we’re doing now rather than carry down the same dimly lit road short had us on. Watch STID again & Bains meeting with the scouts, fuck me, how can it not be better. It just wasn’t an instant bounce back to the Championship. We go again this year in a better position than we did at the end of Short’s reign.

Last edited:
They might be small in number, but read any thread on this board, go on any group on Facebook or thread on Twitter & they’re the ones that shout loudest.

I had a really petty argument on Facebook (I shouldn’t have even read it never mind replied) the other day because some fella was spouting everything negative, said Campbell was yet another American & we’d only won one of our last 11 games. I pointed out both of these things were factually incorrect, so if he can’t get basic things right, how can anyone take his opinion seriously. Got told to fuck off a few times.

If you’re the owners & you’re getting idiots like him giving it the big one, multiplied on public forums & you can’t debate or correct every single one & it keeps coming, you’re bound to get pissed off with the minority doing it.

I’d rather take my chances doing what we’re doing now rather than carry down the same dimly lit road short had us on. Watch STID again & Bains meeting with the scouts, fuck me, how can it not be better. It just wasn’t an instant bounce back to the Championship. We go again this year in a better position than we did at the end of Short’s reign.
If I was the owner I wouldn't give a shit and wouldn't give them the time and day. Surely Donald and Methven aren't naive enough to think this wouldn't happen. It will happen at most clubs I would have thought. Methven certainly isn't considering his posts on the Oxford board and the 'moonshiners'

If I was the owner I wouldn't give a shit and wouldn't give them the time and day. Surely Donald and Methven aren't naive enough to think this wouldn't happen. It will happen at most clubs I would have thought. Methven certainly isn't considering his posts on the Oxford board and the 'moonshiners'
What’s that? Haven’t looked into it.

Maybe it’s because I’m closer to it, but it just feels like we (certain elements) go above & beyond to criticise everything.

Back