ALL NUFC and Sportwashing stuff in here. (Threads will be merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good honest post mate

Cheers. A casual acquaintance worked out who I was today and shared it on Twitter with my Twitter name. He immediately regretted it (about an hour later actually) but I’ve had about 50 messages telling me I’m not a real fan, an Ashley apologist, woke scum, closet Mackem, Luke Edwards dad?! Most of them had Saudi flags and had been involved with pile ons with Caulkin and a few other journos.

Against my better judgement I replied to a few wanting to explain my position and most blocked me and those that did engage, well hardly any of them had season tickets or coherent sentences if I’m honest. I’m convincing myself this is a social media minority and it probably is but it’s a bit unsettling the lads and lasses sitting around me at the match could have be one of those 50 messages.

Very amusing to see some of you getting your knickers in a right twist about the Spanish City being included in the flag.

Pretty much all mosques with domes have a crescent on top of the dome.

Logon or register to see this image

And for the avoidance of any doubt building with this are not mosques.
Obviously you won't see the actual crescent shape from all directions but you will see something above the dome. I guess you haven't looked closely at the banner given it's actually got something coming up from the dome. Seeing as the banner isn't a photo perfect image of places and not really pixel perfect in the photos then how would everyone know exactly what is even on top of the dome? There may be a few who know Spanish City has got something on the dome but I doubt more than that wouldn't have a clue. I guess you wasted your time coming onto a rivals board late on a Sunday night with nothing much to show for it :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to beat? They’ve lost 6 out of 10 and got a lucky a draw at Palace.
Hard to beat as in they tend to stay in games. Drew with Palace, one goal defeat to spurs, draw with leeds, Watford and Southampton. Other than man united and Chelsea the most they've lost by is 2. They stay in games, as opposed to blatant relegation sides who get fucked regularly. With Brighton, Norwich and Burnley to come I expect they'll get a few points. Whether it'll be enough is anyone's guess, but I think they'll grind out some results
Cheers. A casual acquaintance worked out who I was today and shared it on Twitter with my Twitter name. He immediately regretted it (about an hour later actually) but I’ve had about 50 messages telling me I’m not a real fan, an Ashley apologist, woke scum, closet Mackem, Luke Edwards dad?! Most of them had Saudi flags and had been involved with pile ons with Caulkin and a few other journos.

Against my better judgement I replied to a few wanting to explain my position and most blocked me and those that did engage, well hardly any of them had season tickets or coherent sentences if I’m honest. I’m convincing myself this is a social media minority and it probably is but it’s a bit unsettling the lads and lasses sitting around me at the match could have be one of those 50 messages.
Twitter is a f***ing cesspit mind. Very hard to have a reasoned discussion there. Maybe the low character limit makes it appeal more to the intellectually challenged, but I know for a fact that if I judged fan bases from their twitter fans I'd hate every club in the land. Wouldn't take it personally!

Last edited:
Obviously you won't see the actual crescent shape from all directions but you will see something above the dome. I guess you haven't looked closely at the banner given it's actually got something coming up from the dome. Seeing as the banner isn't a photo perfect image of places and not really pixel perfect in the photos then how would everyone know exactly what is even on top of the dome? I guess you wasted your time coming onto a rivals board late on a Sunday night with nothing much to show for it :lol:

I honestly think they were ambiguous about it on purpose. Probably something along the lines of "well it's the dome at Whitley Bay but if some people think it's a mosque, then so be it". I mean they walk around dressed as Arabs ffs.

Obviously you won't see the actual crescent shape from all directions but you will see something above the dome. I guess you haven't looked closely at the banner given it's actually got something coming up from the dome. Seeing as the banner isn't a photo perfect image of places and not really pixel perfect in the photos then how would everyone know exactly what is even on top of the dome? There may be a few who know Spanish City has got something on the dome but I doubt more than that wouldn't have a clue. I guess you wasted your time coming onto a rivals board late on a Sunday night with nothing much to show for it :lol:

I’m still lost on what “Spanish city” is and what it has to do with Newcastle?!

Was it built to pay homage to Rafa for the trophies he won to the road??

I honestly think they were ambiguous about it on purpose. Probably something along the lines of "well it's the dome at Whitley Bay but if some people think it's a mosque, then so be it". I mean they walk around dressed as Arabs ffs.
I hope you're joking as it's nowt to do with being ambigious given it's from 2019 :lol: It's just a simple copy of summit like the wiki page image for Spanish City as is the Killingworth Colliery image above it. I'm surprised they didn't hoy Souter Lighthouse on there also.

Nope. But living 300 miles away, I gave my season ticket up some time ago.

Would I if I lived closer, yes. Do I see how that's hypocritical, yes. Can I just abandon the club I've supported my whole life, no.

We have had 1500 pages since the takeover happened, I'm not going to constantly repeat myself it's boring as fuck. Go and read it.

Not a f***ing chance I'm going back fishing. Either stick the link up or I'm not answering these 6 questions you have apparently been asking multiple times.
JESUS! Yeah I’m biting. That’s a lazy and insane deflection. I’ve seen this asked of you numerous times and you post on this thread and board a lot more than I do, so no way you would have missed these ‘apparent questions’. What a wind up ****!

I hope you're joking as it's nowt to do with being ambigious given it's from 2019 :lol: It's just a simple copy of summit like the wiki page image for Spanish City as is the Killingworth Colliery image above it. I'm surprised they didn't hoy Souter Lighthouse on there also.

Was probably seriously considered marra but the bassas at National Trust painted it red n white!

I’m still lost on what “Spanish city” is and what it has to do with Newcastle?!

Was it built to pay homage to Rafa for the trophies he won to the road??
It had a fairground for many years also and I used to pass it now and then on my travels in the 90's.

Scroll down to see numerous images past and present. As I said, they seem to have used the image of the 2010 false front as the template on the banner, rather than the image of it in its original form or restoration form.

The restoration looks well done as they've even restored the 2 towers and it looks impressive now

Last edited by a moderator:
JESUS! Yeah I’m biting. That’s a lazy and insane deflection. I’ve seen this asked of you numerous times and you post on this thread and board a lot more than I do, so no way you would have missed these ‘apparent questions’. What a wind up ****!
I think you will find, the reason why I hadn't answered this post was because I had already done so dozens of times on the ridiculously long thread. If you would have read it, you'd have known.

Also, to avoid any benefit of the doubt, I answered it again for said poster before you even posted. 🤷🏻

Do you have any landmarks that are actually 100% yours?
All the bridges of the Tyne, Grey Street, Civic Centre and that massive memorial outside of it, Armstrong's statue outside of the Hancock.

I don't see it's a big problem using a landmark from North Tyneside,, it's absolute mag heartland. Obviously not many people outside of the area recognise it though.

They shouldnt be using Durham Cathedral though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back