All inclusive holiday recs

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate the snobbery around AI.
I love going on city trips, sightseeing and seeing new places.
I also love a week or two lying around or floating around the pool doing nothing but reading me kindle, having a few drinks and chilling out.
There is a lot of snobbery you are right. People asking how many Thomson Golds you've done, how many Sensatori's you've done etc. I hate that.
We are lucky that our daughter has for years been able to get us great deals at places we probably couldn't afford but when the bragging starts we keep Schtum and move away.

My kids are 5 and 2 and like all other kids love free ice cream, chocolate milk and playing in the pool with other kids. It’s ideal for us.
Last year we did 10 nights and went out 4 times on nighttime and stayed in resort 6. I still like to get out and explore etc and can’t understand the people who never spend a penny despite being A.I. Each to their own of course.
Absolutely, and of course you can still go out, some talk as if you are locked in :)

There is a lot of snobbery you are right. People asking how many Thomson Golds you've done, how many Sensatori's you've done etc. I hate that.
We are lucky that our daughter has for years been able to get us great deals at places we probably couldn't afford but when the bragging starts we keep Schtum and move away.
Me too, I go where I want to go for me, it’s my holiday and nobody else’s. I like nice places, I don’t deny it, and I’m fortunate that in a position now where I can afford to pay more but, I’ve stayed in some holes when I was younger. It didn’t matter then mind :lol:

Last edited:
Janey or anyone really, when I stay AI I make a point of introducing my missus and myself to the head barman bar manager at the start of the holiday. I tell him if we are looked after we will look after them before we leave.
This has resulted in us never having had to queue for drinks and other perks.
I then leave a generous tip before we leave.
We stayed at the Atlantica Imperial in Rhodes for two weeks and were treat like royalty, I left a 200 euro tip !
There was absolutely no need to do this at the RIU Palace in Playa Del Carmen. I couldn't think of a way the service could have been better.

There was absolutely no need to do this at the RIU Palace in Playa Del Carmen. I couldn't think of a way the service could have been better.
Fairy nuff. I usually give it a day/night to suss out what goes on at the bar then decide. I have had holidays where I haven't done it but at most I do.
I don't like queuing at AI and when I introduce mesel I haven't had to.

Limassol is over run with them don't think paphos or Ayia Napa are.

Daughter stayed there a couple of years ago when she was working in Crete. She loved it. She works in the travel industry and deals with Atlantica. We've stayed in five and loved them all.
Yeah ayia napa was, or certain hotels anyway

It would cost me loads more to go self catering than AI in the same resort. We tend to go out every night (sometimes eating out) whilst we are way when AI aswell.

We book bed&breakfast usually like - booked sc this year cos of the kids - daft cow doesn't realise that means pizzas and chicken nuggets every night

Fairy nuff. I usually give it a day/night to suss out what goes on at the bar then decide. I have had holidays where I haven't done it but at most I do.
I must stress I'd prefer s/c any day.

We book bed&breakfast usually like - booked sc this year cos of the kids - daft cow doesn't realise that means pizzas and chicken nuggets every night
AI is a no brainer with kids like. Must cost a fortune otherwise. Obviously you can afford it mind so no harm done. ;)

At the Mexico Palace, you didn't even have to go to the bar. They came to us.

You will not be disappointed if you book any Atlantica hotel. They are Europe only in fact they are mainly Cyprus and Greece. They are top notch.
I've stayed in a few and can recommend them all. Janey mentioned Sensatori, well a lot of Sensatori's are in Atlantica hotels. So, if you see the word Atlantica in the hotel name you are onto a winner.
That said, I do prefer self catering !
https://www.atlanticahotels.com/

Had a look at some of these in Kos earlier, look spot on tbh

Generally not necesarry that like.

Mind we were at a place in Lanzarotte last year (cant even remember names a week after never ming now - shit I have -vitalclass).
A young lass thru the day n old man on a night serving about 200 guests. Was fecking livid, large group of us there n spent half the bastard holiday queueing.

The Porto bello I think it's called was their flagship hotel.

just had a look at some reviews and fear it might be a bit isolated with family 'entertainment' on a night. I mean it looks good like, just don't want us to be held captive to buffets and daft tribute acts every night.

Any recs for somewhere, potentially Kos or another Greek island, a bit livier for people without kids? If these places exist (We usually go self catering)

just had a look at some reviews and fear it might be a bit isolated with family 'entertainment' on a night. I mean it looks good like, just don't want us to be held captive to buffets and daft tribute acts every night.

Any recs for somewhere, potentially Kos or another Greek island, a bit livier for people without kids? If these places exist (We usually go self catering)
Me and the Mrs go to Skiathos town every year. There's a flight from Ponteland on a Friday morning. The flights are expensive but it's not expensive when you get there. It's a bustling town with two harbours and loads of bars/ tavernas/ restaurants.
It's a small island with 60 sandy beaches. If you stay in the town you can get to the beaches by bus or water taxi and you can walk to a beach in 15 minutes.
The mayor won't allow all inclusives. We go self catering and book,our digs off booking.com.

Stayed here in Argassi, Zakynthos last year. Lovely hotel and had no complaints.
Diana Palace

It's right in the middle of the resort and there are bars, restaurants and shops right outside. It's fairly lively but not 18-30 party lively. It's only a few Euro's in a taxi if you wanted to venture into Zante town for a night out. Plenty to see and do if you want to get out and about during the day. Go and see Peter in the shop just outside the back gate. He's lovely and will sort you out with trips.

Actually try suite lanzarote gardens mate.
One of the best all ins weve done, short transfer n its rare that its minutes walk from marina centre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back