Alexandre Pato.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's true but I would of liked us to go for a proven goal scorer who is consistent, if it didn't pay off that could be more money into the black hole, not so bad if he is on a low wage though considering Wickham is off the books.
Pato is about a 1 in 2 striker. What do you consider proven?

That's true but I would of liked us to go for a proven goal scorer who is consistent, if it didn't pay off that could be more money into the black hole, not so bad if he is on a low wage though considering Wickham is off the books.
Our current forward line and the useless knacker we swapped for Defoe are all proven goalscorers. Didn't take long for the goals to dry up with our supply line. Fletcher, Defoe, Graham all shooting way below par at Sunderland. We might as well buy cheap and hungry because buying mediocre and proven has been a fools errand

Pato is about a 1 in 2 striker. What do you consider proven?
He hasn't been on form alot though has he? Has he got double figures in seasons? That is what's needed in this league, no good getting 6 or 7 goals upfront, you need to be the main goalscorer and Advocaat likes to play with 1 striker, he has to be good enough to get the goals.

Our current forward line and the useless knacker we swapped for Defoe are all proven goalscorers. Didn't take long for the goals to dry up with our supply line. Fletcher, Defoe, Graham all shooting way below par at Sunderland. We might as well buy cheap and hungry because buying mediocre and proven has been a fools errand
I agree, they have something to prove this season although I still expect Fletcher or Graham to leave as they are in final 12 months contract. We'll just have to wait and see if Pato comes and how he plays if he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back