Alexa amazon smart plugs

Just got one to accompany the alexa dot. Rigged it up to turn the christmas tree lights on, have to say it works great. Were on offer for a tenner and i love a gadget.

anyone else using them, may get a nest stat next and hook that up.

Was one on the gadget show last night and looked canny.
Going to get one coz I can't be arsed to get up and switch on/off the Xmas tree lights like you

I’ve got all of my lights linked to my Echo using the Philips Hue bulbs and a couple of smart plugs too. Set a couple up for my Mam last Christmas and she wouldn’t be without them now.

Just got one to accompany the alexa dot. Rigged it up to turn the christmas tree lights on, have to say it works great. Were on offer for a tenner and i love a gadget.

anyone else using them, may get a nest stat next and hook that up.
We put our outside lights outside tree and tree inside, model village, etc on remote controlled plugs. Press one button end of day and the lot go off or can turn them off individually. How is this type of plug different? I know nothing about them. I've got a couple of Google nest speakers but I only use them for music.

We put our outside lights outside tree and tree inside, model village, etc on remote controlled plugs. Press one button end of day and the lot go off or can turn them off individually. How is this type of plug different? I know nothing about them. I've got a couple of Google nest speakers but I only use them for music.
You speak to the alexa to tell it to turn on/off. These ones linked only work with the amazon alexa mind. You can get different versions which do the same for the google devices.

You speak to the alexa to tell it to turn on/off. These ones linked only work with the amazon alexa mind. You can get different versions which do the same for the google devices.
Yeah I wasn't going to buy Amazon plugs for my Google devices.:)
I was just curious whether they are better than remote controlled plugs. I don't have my speakers on all the time so they won't be much use to me. I can see the attraction though.

Back