Alexa amazon smart plugs

Seems it is account specific and limited to one per customer, as i have just found out when trying to order another.☹️
So definitely not a good deal then, you can get two of the TP link ones for the price of an Alexa and the integrate perfectly with or without Alexa and from a trusted brand.

My entire house is run by Amazon. Every light, every switch and every room has at least one echo device. The TV and cinema system is controlled by Harmony which is linked to it as are the Nest and Ring systems. The novelty of controling almost anything by voice doesn't wear off either, it's great.

I have a few TP Link Kasa plugs and bulbs which work great with Alexa and Google Assistant. TP Link have a cheaper range called Tapo but I haven't tried them yet.

My entire house is run by Amazon. Every light, every switch and every room has at least one echo device. The TV and cinema system is controlled by Harmony which is linked to it as are the Nest and Ring systems. The novelty of controling almost anything by voice doesn't wear off either, it's great.
Oh I dinnar, when there’s three people all shouting at it at the same time it struggles.
I have a few TP Link Kasa plugs and bulbs which work great with Alexa and Google Assistant. TP Link have a cheaper range called Tapo but I haven't tried them yet.
That’s what I’ve got, got it because it was a tenner and I don’t know what more you’d want a smart plug to do other than turn stuff on and off.

I'm working on it, just had hive valves installed on all my radiators. The lights in my loft conversion is voice controlled. I'm going the google route rather than amazon though.

It’s like being God isn’t it. I still love it. When I go to bed, “Alexa East Wing Annexe off.” Then arms spread wide as everything goes off

TECKIN Smart Plug 13A Smart Home, WiFi Plug That Work with Alexa (Echo and Echo Dot), Google Home and Samsung SmartThings, Wireless Remote Control Alexa Plugs, No Hub Required, 2.4Ghz Only (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CVJYV3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_dlC_XU4YFbFKN0EZH
Special deal now.

I can't be arsed with voice activated stuff when it's just as easy to press a button instead of Alexa asking what you said.

I used to work with a lad who would ask Alexa to turn the volume up, then it either wouldn't work or ask him what he said, so he'd say it again but a bit sterner. I reached over to it on the corner of his desk and told him to just press the button.

You need to enter the code smarplug to get them for £9.99
‘The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.’

Am I doing something wrong or has it expired?

I assume you noticed the mis-spelling, its smartplug, not smarplug. (Trying to be helpful here, not taking the mick)

Just checked my Amazon and the offer is still there so I think I will take a punt on the recommendation of this thread ;)

Last edited:
Tbf it was for the novelty at £9.99. not paying full whack for something that will end up in the drawer.
Mine means I can turn my daughters light off in her bedroom without disturbing her, but also she can turn it on in the morning as she can’t reach the light switch.

My other turns my heated blanket on so it’s toastie when I get into bed. 😂

That’s what I’ve got, got it because it was a tenner and I don’t know what more you’d want a smart plug to do other than turn stuff on and off.

Just checked and the main difference between Kasa and Tapo is that Tapo doesn't support IFTTT. But if you don't know or care what that is then there seems no reason not to go for the cheaper ones. I might treat myself to a couple as I'm sure I'll find a use for them.

Just checked and the main difference between Kasa and Tapo is that Tapo doesn't support IFTTT. But if you don't know or care what that is then there seems no reason not to go for the cheaper ones. I might treat myself to a couple as I'm sure I'll find a use for them.
What is IFTTT? 🙈

Oohhh, it seems to work with the TP app and integrate into Amazon so no bother so far

Yes, if that's all you want to do then Tapo is fine. You just won't be able to develop your own applications - such as your smart switch sending you an email, triggering another device to do something or posting to your Facebook feed.

Yes, if that's all you want to do then Tapo is fine. You just won't be able to develop your own applications - such as your smart switch sending you an email, triggering another device to do something or posting to your Facebook feed.
Really. 😂

Facebook status “just turned the big light off”!

Back