Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

He's going to need a hell of a lawyer to escape this one
So, you pointed the gun at someone after being asked to check it, but didn't, pulled back the trigger fully, instead of into the safety position. Then it went off without you pulling the trigger, but when tested afterwards by hitting it with a hammer, no-one couldn't get it to fire. Is that your testimony Mr Baldwin? Are you sure?

Last edited:
So has he got away with it?
Don't think he'll ever get away with it, it was a horrible accident I don't know how you can convict someone of this. However the person that was responsible for the weapons on set another different kettle of fish. An actor acting shooting what he thinks is a prop wether he checked it or not I really don't know how you prove any of the charges.

Saw the report this morning. The ‘armourer’ mixed up the live ammunition that she brought to the set with the dud. Only in America
By which I mean : why the fuck was she bringing ‘her own, personal live ammunition’ to a film set and what the fuck did they find multiple (spent) live rounds of ammunition scattered around the set that she’d presumably also brought with her
So has he got away with it?
See above

Last edited:
Don't think he'll ever get away with it, it was a horrible accident I don't know how you can convict someone of this. However the person that was responsible for the weapons on set another different kettle of fish. An actor acting shooting what he thinks is a prop wether he checked it or not I really don't know how you prove any of the charges.
The legal theory is when a death is caused when

"acting in a reckless manner which may cause the death or another person"

So you have to prove that he knew or should've known there was a risk to life which he disregarded. He did say in the police interview that he was asked to check the gun but declined. He said he knew it was a real gun then too I believe. I think that's what will be explored at trial.

The charge is involuntary manslaughter, which is a felony. If convicted he wouldn't be allowed a gun, so that's good. But the maximum sentence is 18 months in prison which he's not going to get as a first time offender.

The legal theory is when a death is caused when

"acting in a reckless manner which may cause the death or another person"

So you have to prove that he knew or should've known there was a risk to life which he disregarded. He did say in the police interview that he was asked to check the gun but declined. He said he knew it was a real gun then too I believe. I think that's what will be explored at trial.

The charge is involuntary manslaughter, which is a felony. If convicted he wouldn't be allowed a gun, so that's good. But the maximum sentence is 18 months in prison which he's not going to get as a first time offender.
I can imagine it's hard to get any of those charges to stick. If I were an actor especially someone as high profile as him I wouldn't have the thought of real ammunition being anywhere near the set let alone loaded into a gun. How many guns are fired on sets every year it must be thousands, I think the right person has been found guilty of the crime I think these charges are so hard to prove and tbh although I think he's a decent actore 30 rock one of the best shows ever made, I'm not a fan of him as a person seems a bit of dick but feel for him going through this and having to live with the fact he took someone's life.

I can imagine it's hard to get any of those charges to stick. If I were an actor especially someone as high profile as him I wouldn't have the thought of real ammunition being anywhere near the set let alone loaded into a gun. How many guns are fired on sets every year it must be thousands, I think the right person has been found guilty of the crime I think these charges are so hard to prove and tbh although I think he's a decent actore 30 rock one of the best shows ever made, I'm not a fan of him as a person seems a bit of dick but feel for him going through this and having to live with the fact he took someone's life.
I have the opposite impression. He's been trained for decades in dozens of films on how to use guns safely. He's been trained not to point it at anyone, to not put your finger on the trigger unless shooting, and to assume every gun is loaded with live ammo unless he has proven to himself otherwise (that takes seconds). He's failed on all 3 points. If he'd followed just one, Helena would be alive. I have no sympathy for him. He killed someone cos he thought he was too good to follow the safety rules.

I would expect very few real guns are fired on sets now. Fake guns and CGI are common. Real guns are loud and dangerous. When they are used, people usually follow the rules so others don't die.

Back