Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

i can't fathom how this still happens, especially after the Brandon Lee (similar) incident.

Too early to say, Alec Baldwin might be completely blameless and its an error my prop staff

You think they would take all risk out of it completley though

not sure how you get over something like that mind

I'm going to assume it was accidental anyway, even though the circumstances are still unclear, stemming from an incident related to a "prop" gun.

Either way this is a grim situation to be in and he could be potentially looking at Manslaughter...

Last edited:
Too early to say, Alec Baldwin might be completely blameless and its an error my prop staff

You think they would take all risk out of it completley though

not sure how you get over something like that mind

I can't see how Baldwin would be at fault unless he was somehow responsible for loading the weapon. you'd think the crew would have someone with the specific responsibility of any weapon used.

I'm ex military and i just can't work out how 'blank' and live ammunition can get mixed up. they're look different, weigh different, don't come in the same packaging and anyone familiar with firearms should be fully aware of the safety drills and practices around both.
I've also worked on movie sets as a set builder and they're generally pretty careful and thorough, particularly the production crew when talent are on set.

I can't see how Baldwin would be at fault unless he was somehow responsible for loading the weapon. you'd think the crew would have someone with the specific responsibility of any weapon used.

I'm ex military and i just can't work out how 'blank' and live ammunition can get mixed up. they're look different, weigh different, don't come in the same packaging and anyone familiar with firearms should be fully aware of the safety drills and practices around both.
I've also worked on movie sets as a set builder and they're generally pretty careful and thorough, particularly the production crew when talent are on set.

Interesting mate

Is that the only possibility though, a blank or live mix up?
Baldwin looks distraught in the pictures released

Last edited:
Interesting mate

Is that the only possibility though, a blank or live mix up?
Baldwin looks distraught in the pictures released

that's what happened with bradon lee, though i'm really sceptical still...

when you unload one type of ammunition the drills are that you check the weapon (including physically looking down the barrel) before loading with more or other ammunition.

I suppose what's really interesting about this one is that it wasn't another actor that was shot, so was it during filming or prior/after and if so why did he still have the weapon anyway...???

Last edited:
that's what happened with bradon lee, though i'm really sceptical still...

when you unload one type of ammunition the drills are that you check the weapon (including physically looking down the barrel) before loading with more or other ammunition.

I suppose what's really interesting about this one is that it wasn't another actor that was shot, so was it during filming or prior/after and if so why did he still have the weapon anyway...???

Ah I see, cheers for that, rings a bell that case now.

And thats a very good point, I hope for his sake it didnt happen during a period of downtime of something

Why would they have live rounds on set though?

Surely in these situations the only rounds they would have would be blanks. It’s beyond belief they would have live bullets on a set to film a film/ tv show??
check out the link above about the brandon lee case... but in a nutshell there were 2 types of rounds, a round that looks the part which they use if they want to show an actor loading a gun/or a loaded gun. then there's the 'blank' round used when firing (blank rounds have a distinct look). I assume this incident is similar...(???)

though the round that they use to simulate a live round should be 'inert' (not filled with any gunpowder). this sort of thing really, really shouldn't happen but it is 'merica so nothing surprises me.

I’m assuming here and in no way am I saying it’s what has happened but that as ex military blank and live weren’t ever used together? And (I’m assuming again here mind) they are on Yankee film sets?
also with horrendous gun laws I’d think people would have live ammunition at hand and a mix up could happen this way unlike over here where guns are rare.
Either way it’s a terribly sad incident.

Back