alastair cook

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree great batsman but greatest ever? the very fact he was on the verge of being dropped dilutes the argument. he may well become englands best ever..probably will in fact, but still has a way to go to eclipse gower, gooch even boycott imo

A great example of how effort and hard work has to be added to natural talent in order to achieve legendary status.

wonder if Sehwag, Khan, Harbajan and Tendulkar will all retire after this test series and concetrate on 20/20 and one day cricket

wonder if Sehwag, Khan, Harbajan and Tendulkar will all retire after this test series and concetrate on 20/20 and one day cricket

It wouldn't surprise me if Sachin announced his retirement after this game, so he can get a big send off in the last test. Unless India have another test series shortly after this?

Could Cook if he played the game in to his mid to late 30's beat Tendulkars runs record?

It is Tendulkar that has it?

Well he's got to 7000 runs younger, having started later so it's not completely out of the question. I can't see this brilliant form last for the next 10 years though, he surely has to slow down at some point. Doesn't he?

Well he's got to 7000 runs younger, having started later so it's not completely out of the question. I can't see this brilliant form last for the next 10 years though, he surely has to slow down at some point. Doesn't he?

You'd think so but the best and great players do it over a lifetime not just a 4 or 5 year period and if he's to join the elite players which IMO he can then Cook has another 8 years left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back