Aladdin

We paid £320 for tickets for four of us to watch Les Mis, had a meal and a couple of drinks before the show, and had a drink in the theatre. We probably put just shy of £500 into the Sunderland economy that night and it was worth every penny

I have no skin in the game but what do people think they should be paying for a top class production like this though? Thinking of the scores of people involved in setting it up, running it and the actors, utility costs etc and needing to make a profit. Most theatres are owned by a one of a few companies and they control the pricing so tickets are driven by them but if you are seeing a show like that locally I think that's got to better than say going to London where it will also cost you more than Sunderland for tickets plus travel and accommodation. The Empire is an internationally known venue and we don't have many things like that in the city.

I know I'm late to the party when it comes to purchasing tickets but just been looking for the upcoming production at the Empire. Bog standard seats £70 notes plus with prime one upward of £100. I'm sure it will be a cracking show but say family of 4/5 wanting good seats looking at £300 plus for couple of hours entertainment before you start on food and drinks. I'm guessing hard to justify for a lot of familes
Yep totally. There are 4 of us and we just don't go to stuff like that anymore, it's too much money. Even a cinema trip can be £50/£60 these days with food etc.

I know I'm late to the party when it comes to purchasing tickets but just been looking for the upcoming production at the Empire. Bog standard seats £70 notes plus with prime one upward of £100. I'm sure it will be a cracking show but say family of 4/5 wanting good seats looking at £300 plus for couple of hours entertainment before you start on food and drinks. I'm guessing hard to justify for a lot of familes
It's not a cheap night out like, we took the kids to see Cinderella on Ice before Xmas and it was about 70quid a ticket - show was excellent and kids loved it but steep for a few hours out

Back