Air show cancelled.

Fuck me there's some shite spouted on here mind.
A Sunderland attraction that commands crowds into the 100s of 1000s for 3 f***ing days and nights, and people are happy it's not happening. One from a poster who made a killing on it for years but doesn't now. All this full of wankers, full of scratters shite, have a word with yaselfs. It's full of people enjoying a day out in our own area, which incidentally, other areas would kill for. We are no different to any other area ffs

Without getting into the merits and demerits or the airshow itself this is definitely a sensible decision. Sadly or otherwise the only one that could have been made

Last edited:
A Sunderland attraction that commands crowds into the 100s of 1000s for 3 f***ing days and nights, and people are happy it's not happening. One from a poster who made a killing on it for years but doesn't now. All this full of wankers, full of scratters shite, have a word with yaselfs. It's full of people enjoying a day out in our own area, which incidentally, other areas would kill for. We are no different to any other area ffs

Which poster made a killing from it for years @avacado with his burger van?

Which poster made a killing from it for years @avacado with his burger van?
:rolleyes:
Still shite though.

This is what it actually says:

We hope to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and ease the restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3. This will be subject to the results of a scientific Events Research Programme to test the outcome of certain pilot events through the spring and summer, where we will trial the use of testing and other techniques to cut the risk of infection. The same Events Research Programme will guide decisions on whether all limits can be removed on weddings and other life events.

I’m unsure how the balance of the books are for the air show for the council.
Funding it can’t be cheap and I’d doubt that through charging businesses would claw it all back.
I’d rather the sea front was funded for 52 weeks of the year, rather than for the 2 weeks of the air show.
For a long while it’s been neglected, but to be fair it’s starting to look better now and investment is occurring.
The air show is a flag ship event for Sunderland, but I doubt it promotes the area enough to focus on 2 weeks of business instead of all year round.

This is what it actually says:

We hope to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and ease the restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3. This will be subject to the results of a scientific Events Research Programme to test the outcome of certain pilot events through the spring and summer, where we will trial the use of testing and other techniques to cut the risk of infection. The same Events Research Programme will guide decisions on whether all limits can be removed on weddings and other life events.
Sounds to me like a firm decision will be made after the pilot. I expect them to allow events to take place after it. The problem is with things like the airshow it could be that some of the people who they want to do displays might want paying up front. If that's the case then the council won't want to risk losing money.

Outdoor
Summer

I really don't see why this sort of thing can't happen. I really think we'll look back and think "yeah, we waited far too long to open up once we'd vaccinated half the population"
It will be about cost and risk. There is a massive amount of planning and expense that goes into it. While things might be ok, they might not either. There may be a new strain, there may be vaccine supply problems, cases might rise rapidly etc.

If they had to put a figure on how certain they are about it going ahead, that might only be 60-70%. With the amount of work involved it makes sense to hold off with such a big event.

It will be about cost and risk. There is a massive amount of planning and expense that goes into it. While things might be ok, they might not either. There may be a new strain, there may be vaccine supply problems, cases might rise rapidly etc.

If they had to put a figure on how certain they are about it going ahead, that might only be 60-70%. With the amount of work involved it makes sense to hold off with such a big event.
Mind, Herd Immunity is here now, officially on Monday 12th, so even if there are issues with vaccines between now and then, we're already there basically.

Why not though? By mid July all the vulnerable will have had their second dose, won’t they? What’s the actual problem?
Deaths are down to 20- 50 already. If it stays there as we open things up there s no justification to maintain anything. But we all know it will just mean vaccine passports.

Back