Air show cancelled.

Gonna be f*ck all to do or attend anyway when lockdown ends completely in June. :lol:

Not fussed either way tbh. I live nearby and it's easier to park on airshow weekend with the regulated/residents parking etc than it is on a normal warm summer's day.

Outdoor
Summer

I really don't see why this sort of thing can't happen. I really think we'll look back and think "yeah, we waited far too long to open up once we'd vaccinated half the population"

it's not just the time at the sea front, its the park and ride buses, the full metros and the various other modes of transport where people will bein close indoor spaces.

it's not just the time at the sea front, its the park and ride buses, the full metros and the various other modes of transport where people will bein close indoor spaces.

Plus pilots, support staff, exhibitors, etc coming in from all over the country and abroad in a fair number of cases. Sad but wise decision.

To be honest its better recently for residents, the parking restrictions mean there re no sumbags parking on drives any more. Its an inconvenience but its only once a year - no difference to living near Roker and being jammed in every fortnight on a saturday or on Great North run route /london marathon.

I thought after June 21st things were going back to normal??
That’s what they’ve told us to keep us quiet. If you read the small print it says apart from big events or something. However, I’m going to some big events over the summer and I won’t be wearing a mask or employing any kind of distancing if they do indeed go ahead as planned.

To be honest its better recently for residents, the parking restrictions mean there re no sumbags parking on drives any more. Its an inconvenience but its only once a year - no difference to living near Roker and being jammed in every fortnight on a saturday or on Great North run route /london marathon.
These the parking restrictions that have been in place for more than ten years of airshows?

Back