AI generated video

No doubt people will use it to create short films as it makes creating a short story accessible to people who have never had the means to do it with cameras and real places. I don't think it'll replace anything of Hollywood though, it'll be another tool to use though such as the ease of creating a short scene to convey an idea.

I saw a review of the new Apple Vision Pro only yesterday. The reviewer said the avatar of you needs some work, but once they’ve nailed that, you could almost go anywhere in the world (virtually) and meet with your friends in what would seem to be a quasi-real life environment.
Did I read somewhere that a virtual person will have the same carbon footprint as a human. Huge problems ahead if true.

Surely there will come a point where the developed world will cease to place any kind of empirical trust in any media image or video. In turn this will render all media completely obsolete.

Worryingly though I don't know which is worse, people believing all media is true or believing that all content has been manufactured and viewing everything with scepticism.

Maybe we'd best all go back to subsistence farming.

One things for sure, legislation and enforcement of misinformation laws has a huge amount of catching up to do. I reckon we are a few years away from serious moral panics about current affairs issues that have been fabricated AI campaigns to subvert civil order for nefarious and self serving reasons.

they're so far ahead with technology. I'vd often wondered what China, Japan etc use for their sci-fi films as western stuff tends to use clips of Japanese and Korean cities etc or base stuff on cities over there so what do they do? 😄

That tech is available in the UK right now. One of Samsung's new features is it can live translate any language either on a phone call or inputting text

Back