Age gaps in relationships

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date

Can relationships work with large differences in age?

I'm 42 and 10 years older than my gf (no pics) and feel that is probably the limit of what can work.

The difference is mainly small things like cultural references, things you remember from growing up.

But there's also inter-generarional differences in attitudes (Gen X v milllenial) that crop up every now and then. Nothing major, but definate differences that take some adjusting to.

I know some people do it, but I just can't imagine being with someone where the age difference is bigger, and especially anyone younger than 30. Would feel a bit wrong and just cant imagine having much in common.

Interested if anyone else as got experiences of similar or bigger age differences?
I'm 50 and Mrs is 38. I would have had nothing in common with her if she was 50 or I was 38. I don't thing I've got much in common with any woman :D

18 months between my and GF. She was 15* :eek: when we started seeing eachother, i'd not long turned 17. Been together coming up 8 years. Despite there only being a small age gap and only 1 year in school years, certain cultural references etc

*(almost 16, just had to wait a few weeks)

any more than 10 year gap and majority are doomed IMO
Depends what you’re into more than age though. I know people in their 40s who’s idea of an exciting night out is watching the turn at the club, yet I know people in their 50s who go still to festivals and get off their nut. Neither of those is going to be happy with the other as a partner.

When I was 19 I had a 29 yo divorced girlfriend, when she dumped me I was told I was tedious to be with!!
If we were still together she'd be a 69 yo living on a barmaids pension

Depends what you’re into more than age though. I know people in their 40s who’s idea of an exciting night out is watching the turn at the club, yet I know people in their 50s who go still to festivals and get off their nut. Neither of those is going to be happy with the other as a partner.

I think this is right

When I was 38 a started seeing a 22 year old. I knew it was doomed when one night about 1045 I bucked her and was putting my pjs on and she shouted through from the bathroom “should we go to town for a drink”

I was sick as fuck standing in Severn about 12 o’clock at neet!!!! While she was louping all owa.

Same here, was 33 and seeing a lass that was 20.

Exact same thing happened in the exact same pub! :eek:

When I was 38 a started seeing a 22 year old. I knew it was doomed when one night about 1045 I bucked her and was putting my pjs on and she shouted through from the bathroom “should we go to town for a drink”

I was sick as fuck standing in Severn about 12 o’clock at neet!!!! While she was louping all owa.

Nail on head, I think that's the problem , not the sex, in my experience that is usually better, and when the two of you are out on your own, its when she wants to go out and mix with the crowds and mates her own age etc, all of a sudden you do feel like a prevent.

I can't work out whether I thought you were older than that or not. You're probably about spot on in my estimations as it happens. How about that!
Well done. I do view the world through young eyes though. If you showed me a line up of 46 year olds I didnt know, i’d think they were alll much older than me.

Same here, was 33 and seeing a lass that was 20.

Exact same thing happened in the exact same pub! :eek:
Nee way.

Nail on head, I think that's the problem , not the sex, in my experience that is usually better, and when the two of you are out on your own, its when she wants to go out and mix with the crowds and mates her own age etc, all of a sudden you do feel like a prevent.
God she was hot. But ya reet nee good. God she was hot. Hot hot hot.

Last edited:
I always find it strange blokes with older lasses.

As in 5 plus years. It’s like they have mother issues and can’t cope to look after them self and need to be mothered off them.

Back