Age gaps in relationships

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
Similar difference between myself and the Yankette - I'm 44, she's 34.

Mind most of the attitude differences and cultural references are more readily explained by growing up on different continents in our case.
Pretty much the same with my "yankette" 40/28, agreed with the cultural differences too.

I don't find the age gap thing to be an issue up to now, we've been married 8 years.

Last edited:

Are lasses not 5 years maturer than their age or summit like that ??
My last lass was 16 years younger ,we got on fine to a point though it does cross your mind how you look together .It didn't last that long but the age was never a factor .Depends on the people ,some are coach potato X factor fodder at 30

It's just a number
Girls really do mature quicker than boys, scientists find

Regardless of the maturing quicker you are at vastly different times of your life.

I’m 32 now and I’d have little interest hanging out with a bunch of 20 year old lads/lasses. You get into different things and stop doing things as you get older.

Regardless of the maturing quicker you are at vastly different times of your life.

I’m 32 now and I’d have little interest hanging out with a bunch of 20 year old lads/lasses. You get into different things and stop doing things as you get older.
Yeah but you're hung up on 18 and 25 ,you're an old 32 as well .No age at all to be among 20 some things

Yeah but you're hung up on 18 and 25 ,you're an old 32 as well .No age at all to be among 20 some things

How dare you, I am not an old 32. I remember where we went drinking when I was 18 and they were all shitholes.

Places I go now average is about my age, not many bairns. Says to me the 18 year olds are still going to the shitholes.

How dare you, I am not an old 32. I remember where we went drinking when I was 18 and they were all shitholes.

Places I go now average is about my age, not many bairns. Says to me the 18 year olds are still going to the shitholes.
Now it's 18 ?!!
You had a problem with a 25 yr old lad and an 18 year old lass ,I'd say they'll be not too far apart
Then you said you were 32 and not knocking around with 20 odd year olds .
I was 37 when I split from a 10 year relationship and I started drinking with some mates ,lads and lasses ,some my age ,one lass was 24 and another 26 .House parties ,gigs ,pubs ,usual stuff ,no big deal .I went out with the 26 year old for a bit
I then met my future wife (now ex) and she was 7 years younger .Pretty much frequented the same type bars all my life .Only the night clubs stopped

Now it's 18 ?!!
You had a problem with a 25 yr old lad and an 18 year old lass ,I'd say they'll be not too far apart
Then you said you were 32 and not knocking around with 20 odd year olds .
I was 37 when I split from a 10 year relationship and I started drinking with some mates ,lads and lasses ,some my age ,one lass was 24 and another 26 .House parties ,gigs ,pubs ,usual stuff ,no big deal .I went out with the 26 year old for a bit
I then met my future wife (now ex) and she was 7 years younger .Pretty much frequented the same type bars all my life .Only the night clubs stopped

18 and 25 was one example, 30 and 20 another.

Pubs/bars I went to when I was younger were shit, they are still shit. I’d still drink in them but they wouldn’t be my first port of call on a night out.

Age gaps are fine, I’m four years older than my wife. I just can’t see why a lad in his mid twenties would want to hang around with teenagers (other than bucking the lass).

Pubs/bars I went to when I was younger were shit, they are still shit. I’d still drink in them but they wouldn’t be my first port of call on a night out.

Age gaps are fine, I’m four years older than my wife. I just can’t see why a lad in his mid twenties would want to hang around with teenagers (other than bucking the lass).
Ego

18 and 19 arent exactly Jackie reading teens and plenty 25 year old lads are still sucking their dummy
I don't think you can judge a set of age related pubs as the benchmark .Takes lads that long to put the playstation away (if at all )

Snap to all of this except I never met her Da till we’d been going together for ages and he came over from Ghana on business. Nice bloke. In fact I’ve only met him three times. Then, our wedding, and a couple of years later when we went to Ghana. He’s a nice bloke and as some of his other bairns have made crap choices in partners I think he was just relieved to learn our lass was paired up with someone [relatively] sane and stable.

It’s “mAm” round these parts sonny, unless you want to be taken for some kind of southern ponce. Or worse still, a bloody foreigner.
:lol:
"mAm" is what I call an older woman out of respect, except we spell it 'ma'am"

you fuckers talk funny
;)

I always find it strange blokes with older lasses.

As in 5 plus years. It’s like they have mother issues and can’t cope to look after them self and need to be mothered off them.

My ex was older than me. 3 and a bit years I think.
Initially that wasn't an issue but probably ended up on the list of issues that put paid to that relationship!
Probably for the best really

Depends on the people involved IMO. Lasses tend to want to settle down/have kids younger than lads, so some age gap probably works. I think it worked for me as I had already done all the daft 20 something stuff by the time we'd met and was ready to settle down with kids etc.

Which is linked to the bucking.
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the bucking blerks wouldn't be having relationships . They'd just be drinking and wanking . Sounds arlreet to me .

Half your age plus 7 or double your age minus 14 gives the most normal parameters. Anything else is creepy.
Nee way am bucking a 120 year owld woman . Most women are wrecked by the time they're 50 man .

Last edited:
I know a bloke who is about 60 and he lives with a lass who is 24. I guess they just adjust to each other kind of thing. Neither of them are drinkers,so I suppose that helps relative to the way it would be for two British people at those stages of life .

Back