After Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
The psychiatrist is a dreadful character in this series, only up to episode 3, but it's annoying me how much time is wasted with him, when there are so many more interesting characters.

It almost ruins the show for me. I really have no idea why they gave it so much screen time.

Overall I thought Season 2 was a sizeable drop from season 1. Which is inevitable really since the original premise of the show can only have a short shelf life and needs to be reinvented.

Series 1 definitely better IMO. This series one minute hilarious , next cringeworthy , especially the scenes involving the therapist, the language and content of which might alienate any female viewers, unnecessary. Still a decent watch though.

Dull and predictable.
If ever a man needed his lanky comedy writing partner...
haahahaha let's watch old people swearing :rolleyes:
HAahahaha let's walk around in another boring black t-shirt and bootcut jeans like it's 2002
let's have a stellar cast but concentrate on the one trick pony and his dog and sad music :rolleyes:
hahaha let's try so desperately hard to do something in the realm of Larry David or Garry Shandling and fail miserably
You enjoying Mrs Browns Boys on a Saturday night mate?

Watched all episodes last night, a few laugh out moments but I had to fast forward the therapist scenes as they were cringe.

As annoying as the therapy sessions were, it's all building up to a reason why he's a dick. The fact everyone is annoyed by him shows how well he played that character.

The psychiatrist is a dreadful character in this series, only up to episode 3, but it's annoying me how much time is wasted with him, when there are so many more interesting characters.

Agree, although I’d quite like parts of him to be a real psychiatrist rather than the clock watching xxxxx you do get.
Gonna binge a bit of this tonight

I did, it’s canny emotional at timed but really funny as well.

Last edited:
I loved series 1 after being recommended it by my bother.

The psychiatrist is 'Objectionable' to put it mildly but I think that's kind of the point of the show..? There are some right arseholes around in life, but in general most people are basically good! Each has their own struggles and demons which we can relate to or find empathy with.

Some of the cringeworthy scenes have had me look away from the TV in embarrassment - but I've been close to tears on more than one occasion....

The therapist was overdone in this season as was Brian and the new "kid" whatever his name was.

The best moments were always those with Emma, Anne or Sandy but with the first 2 at least there was much less of those interactions in the 2nd season.

A lot of it felt like the same material. Part of that felt authentic because recovery is never just an upward curve, but it was a bit too similar at times.

Still a decent watch and I did get a bit of dust in my eyes but not in the same league as the first season which for me is the best thing Gervais has ever done.

Last edited:
Loved the Psychiatrist l, best thing about in what was a f***ing seriously depressing 2nd series, shame he didn’t end it at the end, looks like he will be back for Afterlife 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back