After Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same. First 5 mins of episode 1 had us howling - The 100 year old lady :lol::lol:

God forbid anyone close to you loses a partner to cancer
Fuck me mate, I’m not disrespecting anyone who’s lost someone,I can’t even imagine how painful it must be. My point is that it’s a series where one minutes you’re pissing yourself laughing, the next wanting to cry for him.

I seem to recall during series 1 I was laughing more than wanting to cry, just seemed this series I was doing the opposite.

Admittedly it’s not helping that my Nanna is currently on her deathbed because of dementia and I can’t get to see her, so I’m feeling a bit more sensitive than normal especially the scenes with his old man.

Too many scenes of him just sitting watching his laptop feeling sorry for himself, and talking about him missing his wife.

We all get that, and it just doesn’t make for good entertainment. We understand the reason he’s in that state, it just plays on it a bit too much for me.
No disrespect but I think you are missing the point of the show. It' a mix between the dark sorrow of losing a loved one and the humour that comes from his sorrow-induced sociopathic behaviour

No disrespect but I think you are missing the point of the show. It' a mix between the dark sorrow of losing a loved one and the humour that comes from his sorrow-induced sociopathic behaviour
There’s only so many repetitive scenes I can take before it starts to get boring I’m afraid, and most brought absolutely no new content.

But each to their own, if you found watching old videos of his wife doing absolutely nowt, and watching him crying with a glass of wine, then great! Unfortunately it bored me in parts.

There’s only so many repetitive scenes I can take before it starts to get boring I’m afraid, and most brought absolutely no new content.

But each to their own, if you found watching old videos of his wife doing absolutely nowt, and watching him crying with a glass of wine, then great! Unfortunately it bored me in parts.

Aye I agree with that, but it's a only a slight criticism and stands out more because of the high standard of the rest of it. It's a victim it's own success in that sense. 95% of the scenes are fantastic in thier own subtlety, so the minutes spent on him dwelling feel a little bit wasted. Although it does build up a hell of mood

We watched the whole second series of the belt. Its class

Enjoyed it but think the laptop stuff was a bit much. Would you really be watching videos of your dead wife? I think that would be too painful in that situation. I preferred the scenes where she'd pop up in his head, sitting at a site they'd previously been at together. Just needed to be a bit more subtle with how it was portrayed.

It's like a lot of Gervais' stuff, generally decent but with some weak points. His acting is poor so the emotional bits often feel a bit fake to me.

I can't remember for sure but did the psychiatrist character suddenly become much more extreme than the first series?

I do like that as a writer he veers away from giving the audience what they want.

Last edited:
Dull and predictable.
If ever a man needed his lanky comedy writing partner...
haahahaha let's watch old people swearing :rolleyes:
HAahahaha let's walk around in another boring black t-shirt and bootcut jeans like it's 2002
let's have a stellar cast but concentrate on the one trick pony and his dog and sad music :rolleyes:
hahaha let's try so desperately hard to do something in the realm of Larry David or Garry Shandling and fail miserably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back