advocaat

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm getting a bottle of this from lidl today & mixing up some snowballs tonight... it seems having passed 40 they'll sell it to me, and it'll be another thing on the bucket list to tick off...

I had lemon and ginger tea while I was putting my tree up.
Mulled wine is always our tree putting up drink.

It's a lovely day for a snowball now, all cosy and warm while its miserable outside, but can't as I need to drive later:(

Mulled wine is always our tree putting up drink.

i discovered gluhwein in aldi a few years back and this became our tree putting up drink...

i didnt realise people had a "tree putting up drink", i thought it was just us... :)

if this snowball thing is up to much, it'll have to become the "christmas pressie wrapping" drink...

Port n lemon and Snowball were her only two tipples. I might have a port n lemon as we have lemonade bought for the snowballs.
Snowball and Cherry Brandy until she was sick with the Cherry Brandy one year. I think she'd only had two glasses, bless her, but spent the rest of her life retching whenever she got a strong whiff of cherries.

Port n lemon and Snowball were her only two tipples. I might have a port n lemon as we have lemonade bought for the snowballs.
My Mam's tipples too. She also drank rum and coke until she changed to brandy in later years - and then swore blind she'd never drunk rum ever!

i discovered gluhwein in aldi a few years back and this became our tree putting up drink...

i didnt realise people had a "tree putting up drink", i thought it was just us... :)

if this snowball thing is up to much, it'll have to become the "christmas pressie wrapping" drink...
Aye we had the gluhwien this year. Normally just get one out of asda or somewhere. I always have snowball's when I'm wrapping so I don't get too drunk:lol:

tried this at the weekend... for the record, i rather like them!

i'll send off for my bus pass now...

It was what we got given as kids at Christmas. Felt grown up having an alcoholic drink although in reality it was mostly lemonade.

They do slip down very easily though, you're right.

The supermarkets put loads of it out at Christmas in promo spaces then it goes back to having just a couple of facings on the main fixture the rest of the year.

I've never tried it so no idea what it tastes like.

Used to work in an off licence. We'd order one bottle at the start of the year, because the chain we were part of mandated stocking it. We would put it on top of the booze shelves and leave it there all year as no one bought it. Come Christmas time we'd dust it off and put it near the front, and someone would buy it. Then we'd order another to gather dust for a year.

The holy trinity, snowballs, babycham and cherry b! Every house had them alongside the bottle of port and sherry. If Dad was lucky, a bottle of whisky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back