advocaat

errant

Striker
i noticed lidl flogging this off on offer yesterday, is this some kind of festive tipple or do they still have massive stock left over from when the Big Dick was in charge of us?

looks like the kind of medicine they gave you for tonsillitis back in the 80s...

The supermarkets put loads of it out at Christmas in promo spaces then it goes back to having just a couple of facings on the main fixture the rest of the year.

I've never tried it so no idea what it tastes like.

The supermarkets put loads of it out at Christmas in promo spaces then it goes back to having just a couple of facings on the main fixture the rest of the year.

I've never tried it so no idea what it tastes like.

they also had the schnide Bailey's piled high too... which i think you're meant to drink just owr ice or something?

how you meant to drink advocaat?

Actually I went retro last week and bought a bottle from Lidl to make a 'snowball' drink from my youth. Just add lime juice and lemonade. I rather like it - but it's quite sweet, so not to everyone's taste.

A snowball, pet. Have you not got any elderly aunties?
I'm not an elderly auntie! :D

how you meant to drink advocaat?

No idea! I just hoy it on shelves and make it look pretty :lol:

I had Aperol Spritz just to try it in Rome as I'd not heard of it before. Then it went trendy over the summer. I was overjoyed to be on trend for once :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Always get a couple of bottles at Christmas to make snowball's

Great stuff, alchohloic egg nogg

Actually I went retro last week and bought a bottle from Lidl to make a 'snowball' drink from my youth. Just add lime juice and lemonade. I rather like it - but it's quite sweet, so not to everyone's taste.

I'm not an elderly auntie! :D
I sometimes cheat and just use sprite:D

New year eve when I was about 7ish onwards was allowed a snowball and a babycham

Last edited:
Aye, see posts from @Son of Stan and @Harry Angstrom above.
:evil::evil:
My Mother used to make us snowballs when I was a kid for New Year. I was feeling nostalgic you horrible man. :lol:
Always get a couple of bottles at Christmas to make snowball's

Great stuff, alchohloic egg nogg

I sometimes cheat and just use sprite:D
I never thought of that. I rather enjoyed it. Halfway through the bottle already! :)

Back