Advice about 3rd party flights not being provided through a holiday company

I’ve never encountered this before and I’m wondering what, if any legal rights I have.

I booked a holiday in July for January. The regular airports were Manchester and Gatwick so I paid £230 to fly from Ponteland.

In November I paid £70 for extra space seats and there was no mention of any issues, I spoke to holiday company on 2nd December and again, no issues were raised.

I had a call yesterday to say, Tui (the flight carrier) had cancelled the flights because of the situation in Gaza. I looked, they hadn’t, I could still book a seat on 15th on intended flight, I told the company this, they said, oh, but it’s not possible to book 22nd (day I was due to fly home) they’ve cancelled the flight on 22nd. It’s true you couldn’t book 22nd but I rang TUI and, they hadn’t cancelled 22nd flight, at all, it was full. I told them this too.

So, they then said, TUI had changed their policies and wouldn’t accept 3rd party bookings. But, they said, I could fly on 15th and return on 26th (staying an extra 4 nights). If they don’t accept 3rd party flights how is it possible I can fly on 15th (day I thought I’d already booked to fly) and return on 26th on a TUI flight.

I am convinced they didn’t book the flight when I paid the money in July, they’ve sat on it, then if/when they’ve gone to book it they’ve shat themselves because the return flight was full.

I don’t think they expected me to cause a fuss, they just thought I’d fly from Manchester and land at 2.30 am and get the train (they’d kindly checked the time of that left at 4.00am).

Im sure it’s not but, if I am right, it seems like fraud, to have money from July to pay for a flight that’s not been paid for.

Sorry for long post but it’s totally unknown territory to me and I wanted to provide full context.

Fraud or not, I think it’d be put down to a mistake or an oversight so you wouldn’t have any luck doing much about it.

I’d take my money back and book with TUI.

Charge back on credit card if it’s an option and they won’t refund.

Who can just say, yeah no bother I’ll do an extra four nights.

Fraud or not, I think it’d be put down to a mistake or an oversight so you wouldn’t have any luck doing much about it.

I’d take my money back and book with TUI.

Charge back on credit card if it’s an option and they won’t refund.

Who can just say, yeah no bother I’ll do an extra four nights.
Can’t take my money back, I’d lose the rest of the package because it’s only 3 weeks away. And it’s not a holiday Tui have then
Thank you though

Can’t take my money back, I’d lose the rest of the package because it’s only 3 weeks away. And it’s not a holiday Tui have then
Thank you though
What other options do you think you have, concede and fly from Manchester?

When you say lose the rest of the package, I’d be applying for a refund for the whole lot as they have lied and not been able to fulfil what they took money for.

What other options do you think you have, concede and fly from Manchester?

When you say lose the rest of the package, I’d be applying for a refund for the whole lot as they have lied and not been able to fulfil what they took money for.
They aren’t playing ball with a full refund.

Its fly from Manchester or go out on the flight I thought I was originally booked on, on 15th that they can’t book) go on me Nile Cruise and stay an extra four nights at a hotel, flying back on 26th, but I have to pay for extra nights.

They have been all over the place, I am as certain as I can be they didn’t book the flights, I assumed, obviously naively, they would book them as soon as I paid the supplement. They even said at the time, which I accepted and know is true, “thats the price now, obviously, if you don’t pay it now, the flight price could go up or sell out”

I think I’m more cross at what I’m convinced lies.

I have no problem flying from Manchester normally but, I’m going by meself, which is fine, but I don’t fancy landing at 2.30 and getting a train at 4.00am by myself.
Is it a holiday company we'd know?
It’s go singles, so not a hugely well known company

Last edited:
They aren’t playing ball with a full refund.

Its fly from Manchester or go out on the flight I thought I was originally booked on, on 15th that they can’t book) go on me Nile Cruise and stay an extra four nights at a hotel, flying back on 26th, but I have to pay for extra nights.

They have been all over the place, I am as certain as I can be they didn’t book the flights, I assumed, obviously naively, they would book them as soon as I paid the supplement. They even said at the time, which I accepted and know is true, “thats the price now, obviously, if you don’t pay it now, the flight price could go up or sell out”

I think I’m more cross at what I’m convinced lies.

I have no problem flying from Manchester normally but, I’m going by meself, which is fine, but I don’t fancy landing at 2.30 and getting a train at 4.00am by myself.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m completely on your side. No idea why companies can’t just do the right thing.

Some mixed reviews of them, which is probably par for the course in that industry. Odd to read this in one of them.........

Shocking experience with 2 holidays cancelled back to back. Last one alledgedly due to cancelled flights, but no evidence provided despite numerous requests. Used to be known as Solitair holidays, check out their reviews and keep well clear of the liars.

Gosingles have complained about my review, happy to see you guys in court. I have the emails and evidence that the flights were NOT cancelled. Is there any reason that you ignored both my Subject Access reviews?!

Some mixed reviews of them, which is probably par for the course in that industry. Odd to read this in one of them.........

Shocking experience with 2 holidays cancelled back to back. Last one alledgedly due to cancelled flights, but no evidence provided despite numerous requests. Used to be known as Solitair holidays, check out their reviews and keep well clear of the liars.

Gosingles have complained about my review, happy to see you guys in court. I have the emails and evidence that the flights were NOT cancelled. Is there any reason that you ignored both my Subject Access reviews?!
It’s good (I don’t mean good for you) just good that someone else has had a similar experience.
I posted on their FB page and they kept deleting my posts
I also have e-mails and the evidence flights were not cancelled and that it’s not because TUI don’t accept bookings from 3rd parties (I mean, if they didn’t why would they be able to book another one).

I have asked for communication with TUI, that evidences they booked flights in July, when I paid, and for communication when TUI said the flights were cancelled.
They have refused, using data protection.

Thank you though

Doesn't matter what their company policy is, they can't supply what you've booked. I'm sure by law you're entitled to a full refund. I'd double check with citizens advice.

They have an atol licence.. they have an obligation under the tour operater legislation but I really would advise to book with fully bonded operators
I usually do, I am usually extremely careful.
I think, if I had just flown from Gatwick or Manchester there would have been no problem.
I think, this has arisen because I paid the supplement to fly from Ponteland and they didn’t book the seats.
In my opinion, they have sat on the money since July, then went to book the seats, maybe Wednesday this week, then, realised the return seat was booked and shat their pants so came up with a pack of lies and excuses and expected me to say, okay.
Doesn't matter what their company policy is, they can't supply what you've booked. I'm sure by law you're entitled to a full refund. I'd double check with citizens advice.
I did wonder about citizens advice and also ABTA too

Changing the departure airport is classed as a significant change. You're entitled to a full refund under the Package Travel Regulations 2018. Tell them that.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, you also have protection under Section 75. Your card company can help with this if they won't refund.

I usually do, I am usually extremely careful.
I think, if I had just flown from Gatwick or Manchester there would have been no problem.
I think, this has arisen because I paid the supplement to fly from Ponteland and they didn’t book the seats.
In my opinion, they have sat on the money since July, then went to book the seats, maybe Wednesday this week, then, realised the return seat was booked and shat their pants so came up with a pack of lies and excuses and expected me to say, okay.

I did wonder about citizens advice and also ABTA too
No point going to ABTA as they are not bonded with them

Changing the departure airport is classed as a significant change. You're entitled to a full refund under the Package Travel Regulations 2018. Tell them that.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, you also have protection under Section 75. Your card company can help with this if they won't refund.
Cheers Becs, I’ll tell them that on Tuesday.

I Didn’t pay by credit card, paid with debit card.

Back