Adrian Chiles - Drinkers Like Me

Posh/ODvM

Central Defender
BBC2 9pm next monday.

Apparently he regularly necks 80-100 units a week and is told he is at serious risk of liver conditions unless he cuts it down. 100 units week is going some mind, that's 10 bottles of wine or 50 pints a week. Doubt I would drink that in a month let alone a week.

Is this normal?

Probably about the same amount of units for me and been like this for the past 3-4 years and I have no health problems or any other drink related problems apart from talking shite on here sometimes if I'm smashed. I did a full health check up at the docs and I'm quite fit and healthy. I must add that I'm 6" 1 and built like a shit house, a little skinny guy might not be able to handle the drink I can.

BBC2 9pm next monday.

Apparently he regularly necks 80-100 units a week and is told he is at serious risk of liver conditions unless he cuts it down. 100 units week is going some mind, that's 10 bottles of wine or 50 pints a week. Doubt I would drink that in a month let alone a week.

Is this normal?
Seriously it would take me about two years to drink all of that.

BBC2 9pm next monday.

Is this normal?

Yes as @PTR said, 2 pints/glasses of wine a day (evening with a meal for example) isn't a lot when you think about it but it obviously adds up

That's 4% beer.
At 5% it comes down to 36 pints a week / 5 pints a day.
14% wine, that's 29 large glasses a week

2 pints a day, and 2 large glasses of wine is perfectly do-able - you can see why its dead easy to fall into that trap.

Well when you put it like that...

An average 5 pints of 5% lager per day or 4 large glasses of wine per day (pretty much a bottle). Obviously you would have to be a total wimp not to manage that :eek:

Back