**Accrington Stanley v SAFC match thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do I do that mate, I'm new to all this.

Perhaps you could explain what you've done and others, like me, can stop all this settling, etc.

If 30k fans demand higher standards then ross will either have to turn it round ans deliver and they'll support him or he'll have to go. I.e. when the crowd turned on bruce cos he was shite.

I realise you are being sarcastic but the other dude seems to accept where we are as not being too bad. Mediocrity. If the fans settle for that this club is fucked

If 30k fans demand higher standards then ross will either have to turn it round ans deliver and they'll support him or he'll have to go. I.e. when the crowd turned on bruce cos he was shite.

I realise you are being sarcastic but the other dude seems to accept where we are as not being too bad. Mediocrity. If the fans settle for that this club is fucked

All I'm asking is how you're demanding higher standards and not settling for mediocrity.

It appears you're doing nothing different to anyone else, except posting on here.

Didn't see or hear the game.

I see the byline. We took the lead first half. Conceded to 1-1 at 60 mins. Scored two late.

Can someone give me the quick synops on our formation and how we actually played?

Thx. much

All I'm asking is how you're demanding higher standards and not settling for mediocrity.

It appears you're doing nothing different to anyone else, except posting on here.

Well thats because its a forum to discuss this sort of stuff.

I wasnt professing to the masses i was responding to someone who seems relatively happy with how things are.

At matches, on radio, on forums, anywhere - fans shouldnt accept mediocrity here. It will help push the club forward and ultimately make the owners sit up and listen. Or we could just be apathetic towards the team and just hope it turns out ok.

Well thats because its a forum to discuss this sort of stuff.

I wasnt professing to the masses i was responding to someone who seems relatively happy with how things are.

At matches, on radio, on forums, anywhere - fans shouldnt accept mediocrity here. It will help push the club forward and ultimately make the owners sit up and listen. Or we could just be apathetic towards the team and just hope it turns out ok.

You just keep repeating that mate but can't seem to say what action you're taking.

What are you actually doing ... do you go on the radio, do anything at matches, whatever?

We all want to be top of the PL, every supporter of every club is the same.

But simply saying 'don't settle for mediocrity' is meaningless tbh.

You just keep repeating that mate but can't seem to say what action you're taking.

What are you actually doing ... do you go on the radio, do anything at matches, whatever?

We all want to be top of the PL, every supporter of every club is the same.

But simply saying 'don't settle for mediocrity' is meaningless tbh.

Ok. The other dude doesnt seem to believe there is any pressure on ross and rightly so because we arent doing too bad.

I replied saying that its bollocks and settlingnfor that isnt acceptable at our club.

Then you came along saying you dont want to settle for mediocrity either but dont know what to do.

So i replied to you reiterating same point.

Is that any clearer about whats happend, why i said it and is that a good enough explanation of why i said it?!!

Didn't say he's not shite, but he's not in the team to create and score goals like a lot of our fans seem to believe.

He reminds me of a shit Gavin McCann a little bit. Nobody quite understood what the point of him was either, even though it was clearly to just sit in front of the back 4 and play a simple ball to get them moving.

Except this is exactly it. There are two jobs there in that last phrase: play a simple ball AND get us moving.

This is a lot harder than it looks and some people seem to think that the job for players like him - a poor men's Makele or Fernandinho or whatever - is just about playing simple balls. Sure, McGeouch does that - but playing simple balls that are the right balls to get a team moving is harder and it is that which he conspicuously fails to do (which those two examples did/do).

Anyone got the wyke goal? Good result tonight, hopefully he doesn't take a step backwards against Portsmouth.

Edit never mind - cheers mr ninja

Ok. The other dude doesnt seem to believe there is any pressure on ross and rightly so because we arent doing too bad.

I replied saying that its bollocks and settlingnfor that isnt acceptable at our club.

Then you came along saying you dont want to settle for mediocrity either but dont know what to do.

So i replied to you reiterating same point.

Is that any clearer about whats happend, why i said it and is that a good enough explanation of why i said it?!!

It's all clear.

Two people are posting on a chat forum.

One thinks that simply by saying he's not settling for mediocrity he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back