Accent analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried it with a cockney accent, gave me a pic of danny dyer and east london, tried a Manc accent got a picture of liam Gallagher and manchester, scouse accent got liverpool and cilla black, tried my own accent and keep getting Sunderland ffs.
Gotta be that fleece question that's doing it, as Sunderland says "fleeyce" similar to the southern pronunciation, so its getting the happy as the same as "fleeyce" pronunciation.

Load of rubbish.
It's obviously shite. How can someone from Newcastle be confused with Sunderland ?

Anyone not from the north east tried it yet?

I've spent most of me life down south, grew up in durham and have been in sunderland a year and ahalf. I don't sound like I'm from sunderland at all and I've got sunderland twice.

I think it the test is either shite or sunderland is the stock answer for anyone with a north east accent.

raging geordies :lol:

What a bollocks quiz

9 generic questions then one very very specific one!

I answered splinter and still got sunlun

I’m going to ask the wife and kids to do it - see what comes out of that. My wife isn’t even a native English speaker and the kids were mainly brought up in china so be interesting to see what the answer is for them

It said I was from Sunderland but I've never lived there and decided to consciously try and lose my Newcastle accent almost 50 years ago!

:eek:

What a bollocks quiz

9 generic questions then one very very specific one!

Do you not think you may be taking it a little seriously?

It said I was from Sunderland but I've never lived there and decided to consciously try and lose my Newcastle accent almost 50 years ago!

:eek:

My accent has certainly faded whilst living aboard but it does come back at times, particularly when drunk or on a rant

Sunderland for me, obviously. It says I mostly sound like Barry Hyde amongst others. I've sent it to Barry to check what he gets. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back