A19 - Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

The a19 on a morning and evening is a long line of people in the inside lane, with a long line of people in the outside lane doing about 5 mph more. You’re wasting your time trying to go any faster.

If you pull in for someone you just end up pulling out behind them (then they should technically pull-in for you) and following them for the rest of the journey, they get there 5 seconds faster.
Just remembered one time the traffic was like this and some idiot was up my backside flashing me to move over. I eventually did and pulled out behind him and started flashing him. Strangely enough he didn’t see the funny side and treat me to a bit of emergency braking.

Fair play to you for doing that mind mate

Just try to do my but, got highways agency’s number in my phone too and have rang them a few times for debris being in line lanes.

Used to work at Warburtons and did a good but night driving and you’d be suprised by what you see lying about.

Just try to do my but, got highways agency’s number in my phone too and have rang them a few times for debris being in line lanes.

Used to work at Warburtons and did a good but night driving and you’d be suprised by what you see lying about.
You were simply loafing about mate

After being retired for a few years I've got the job of doing the school run two days a week and was shocked by the aggressive and bad driving joining the A19 at East Herrington and exiting at testoes, the amount of cars constantly flipping lanes for no real gain has to be seen to be believed

After being retired for a few years I've got the job of doing the school run two days a week and was shocked by the aggressive and bad driving joining the A19 at East Herrington and exiting at testoes, the amount of cars constantly flipping lanes for no real gain has to be seen to be believed
Shocking isn't it-there's some proper knackers on the morning rush hour. That section is the worst part - Northbound.

Last edited:
Been driving up and down the A19 to Teesside for work the best part of the last 35 years. A dual carriageway long overdue an upgrade, due to increase in volume of traffic it's progressively become like Whacky Races, full of idiots and crap drivers. Compared to Yorkshire, Lancashire etc the NE is piss poorly served by motorways.

Be suprised how often we see it, people overtaking lorries then immediately slowing down is my personal pet hate.

Had to follow an old bloke down the A1 last year with my hazards on because he was doing 30mph just to protect him from being wiped out, had to phone the police simply for his own safety.
Again, if I’m getting in front of a lorry I make sure I’m going quicker than it. A lorry with momentum coming up more quickly behind me is not something I need

Been driving up and down the A19 to Teesside for work the best part of the last 35 years. A dual carriageway long overdue an upgrade, due to increase in volume of traffic it's progressively become like Whacky Races, full of idiots and crap drivers. Compared to Yorkshire, Lancashire etc the NE is piss poorly served by motorways.
I grew up in the 60s and 70s in Herrington. I remember that we used to cycle as 11+ year olds to Durham and back down the A19 as a fun day out.
Did the same journey on my bike last year when staying up here after my Mum broke her ankle. Jeez- it's got a lot scarier - ended up doing most of it on the pavement (and went through the Raintons and Belmont like I was on the old 220 bus).

I grew up in the 60s and 70s in Herrington. I remember that we used to cycle as 11+ year olds to Durham and back down the A19 as a fun day out.
Did the same journey on my bike last year when staying up here after my Mum broke her ankle. Jeez- it's got a lot scarier - ended up doing most of it on the pavement (and went through the Raintons and Belmont like I was on the old 220 bus).
That would be the A690 marra A19 goes south to north

Was the same for me heading north bound from Wynyard way on after work, tailgated by some knob in a Range Rover. The visibility was shockingly bad in places and people driving with no headlights or fog lights on too.

Don’t you know you have to get out of the way of Range Rover drivers... they are vastly superior human beings.
Know your place young man, know your place
A very dangerous road because of the idiot drivers on it.
I avoid it when at all possible.

It always was. Before it had crash barriers it had some unwanted stat for carnage nationally.
It got so ludicrous an accident happened on camera when they filming an interview about the accidents, it’s on you tube

Last edited:
Reactions: BNM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back