A19 - Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right of course - Durham Road - the A690...had A19 on the brain after the thread title.
Pretty sure I never cycled down the A19 even in the 70s. Was it allowed, even back then?
It’s allowed now until you hit Teesside, not recommended like.

Think someone was killed on the Teesside stretch a few years ago, apparently he had ridden to work that way for years.

Don’t think so
Aye, it's an "A" road.
Daft to try it these days mind.
Me and my mates used to bike it from the Chester Road roundabout down to the Durham Road roundabout back in the 70's for shits and giggles.
Mind you, the roads back then had a lot less traffic on them.

It’s allowed now until you hit Teesside, not recommended like.

Think someone was killed on the Teesside stretch a few years ago, apparently he had ridden to work that way for years.
I got stopped by polis on me 22nd birthday walking over the A19 flyover in boro.
Went to a gig, got mortal and lost me mates.
When they stopped me they asked where I was going I remember saying im walking home......to Ryhope
Sharply taken to a taxi rank and told id be arrested if seen on the A19 again :lol:

Regularly drive on the A19 on my way to work in Stockton.

Absolute brain dead some of the drivers on there. Constantly seems to be a danger driving on that road because a few tit heads don’t check their mirrors.

Had one the other morning where it was crawling traffic in one lane and quite clear in my lane, so some arse wipe pulls out of the slow moving traffic without indicating meaning I had to harshly brake. Quick flash of the hazard lights though so that makes it okay. Bellends.

I can commute to work the quickest up the A19

I avoid it. It’s actually dangerous.

It is , but it’s also a peculiar road.

Can’t put my finger on it .

It just is.
Roads not dangerous it’s the arseholes that drive on it. See people weaving on to the inside lane (slip road) and out again to gain 2 car lengths. They are still 2 car lengths ahead when I turn off 20 miles down the road. Can never understand how people can be in that much of a hurry every day.

Seems no Police presence these days on major roads ?
Used to see them all over but since covid maybe even before never see them until after an accident has taken place.
On another note those motor bikes on land where people take kids -dogs -is also a big problem .Silksworth ski slope area is particularly bad and there’s often kids going to play footy and people exercising.

Absolutely horrific getting home tonight on the A19

Closed at Murton and diversion through easington village which was backed up to Hawthorn. I took the back road to south hetton and then headed to easington

Then the flyover was shut!🤦🏼‍♂️

Absolutely horrific getting home tonight on the A19

Closed at Murton and diversion through easington village which was backed up to Hawthorn. I took the back road to south hetton and then headed to easington

Then the flyover was shut!🤦🏼‍♂️
A690 is shut as well at rainton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back