A19 average speed cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they're active, you could travel at the the speed of sound for some of the way until you reach the queues and you'd still average under 30 though.

Nothing funnier than witnessing a guy slam his brakes on so he was doing 30 when he reached the first camera only to speed up again when he'd passed said camera... and then do the same at the next camera :lol::lol::lol:

I know some people who have been through their at 50mph and not been caught and others who have been caught doing 40mph, think they just turn them on when they feel like it

Around silverlink
Do these fuckers even work? I drive through them every morning to see countless cars pass me doing 35-40mph. Or all they all getting speeding fines.

I go thru them at 35 every day. Only go at 30 when there's some law-abiding pedant in front blocking me.

Never got a ticket yet.

From what I have read online about SPECS average speed cameras they are in pairs.

This doesn’t mean the first and last, nor does it mean 1-2, 3-4, it could be 1-3, 2-4 etc.

Problem for us motorists is that we don’t know.

Personally I just don’t risk it, speed once past.

From what I have read online about SPECS average speed cameras they are in pairs.

This doesn’t mean the first and last, nor does it mean 1-2, 3-4, it could be 1-3, 2-4 etc.

There's only a single pair either side of the roundabout so it's obvious in this instance.

That being said, as people have suggested doing 35 on speedo in reality will be well within allowed tolerances and result in nothing.

Always wondered how they work and how many you have to go through.

If I miss the first one doing 40 but 20 the next few do I get fined?

“Safety is our top priority and speed cameras are for making journeys safer while narrow lanes are in place and creating a safe working environment for our workers."

Didn't see many 'workers' in that video clip :lol:

Aye all those workers that work when the roads are closed 8pm till 6am

Last edited:
I like seeing folk do about 60 at the first one then realise and slow down to 10 for the rest to get their average down.
Doesn't work like that though. It's point to point. I'll generally hit the first one at 40 if the traffics busy, in the fast lane, as youre doing 20 by the time youve hit the second one.

It's not too bad ATM, I do avoid peak return times wherever possible like.

This is how it was explained to me by a lad who works high maintenance on the likes of the A1M...

Around silverlink
Do these fuckers even work? I drive through them every morning to see countless cars pass me doing 35-40mph. Or all they all getting speeding fines.
Yes - the c.unts caught me doing 35 on Christmas Day - although it wasnt an average speed camera, it was one somewhere between Holystone Roundabout and Silverlink which I thought was an Average Speed one.

I think it happened when I overtook an old fella doing 25 and as soon as I had overtook him cruise control knocked it back to 30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back