A19 average speed cameras

Around silverlink
Do these fuckers even work? I drive through them every morning to see countless cars pass me doing 35-40mph. Or all they all getting speeding fines.

It would be hard to work out your speed at the part where the roundabout is though shirley? The cameras won't know whether you got held up or sailed straight through?

Last edited:
I am torn with what to believe about these cameras.

I know for certain that my wife's brother in law was caught speeding three times in three weeks at the same spot just south of Holystone. He was caught at 37mph, 41mph and 42mph.

He took the speed awareness course and has gained six points but we aren't sure whether he was caught by a static camera van or by these average cameras.

However on the other side of the scale I regularly travel with someone that drives through them over the 30mph limit for the duration of the cameras and has had no fines through the post at all.

On the North bound side just past Silverlink there is a camera that has a wire dangling from it and doesn't even appear to be attached to anything and that has been like that for a good few weeks now and some of the cameras don't even appear to be pointing at the right side of the road.

Around silverlink
Do these fuckers even work? I drive through them every morning to see countless cars pass me doing 35-40mph. Or all they all getting speeding fines.
I do 35 on my clock every day and no problem

But that’s speeding ?
If you get caught doing 35 in a 35, you’re chagred with speeding.
Yeah but your speedo is set fast so that would be actually 32mph and within 10% so should be ok, well like I say i've been ok

Last edited:

Back