A View From Behind Enemy Lines

As mentioned elsewhere, I sat in the Leeds end tonight, 3 rows back from our dugout. Interesting seeing Dodds and the staff up close.

Dodds very frustrated throughout, turning round and visibly swearing at every loose ball before f***ing about with his iPad on the tripod.

Was on Pembele, Bellingham and Ekwah constantly. Him and Proctor seemed to be coaching Pembele through the game.

Lot of encouragement for Rigg too. ‘More intensity’ repeated a lot.

Initially thought he looked quite immature in his approach by comparison to Farke who seemed much more composed. However, he was visibly making tweaks to positioning all the way through the first half in particular, moving Rigg out wider, then giving him the go ahead to get tighter in and around Bellingham.

Clearly a good tactician in there as evidenced by the result but his gut reaction to any mistakes seems to be to blow up, which can’t be good for the players and is a stark difference to the encouragement of Mowbray.

As a side note, Leeds fans were absolutely awful, not a peep from them and many round me booed them off in both halves. Top marks to the bloke behind me who broke the silence in the first half with a lousy ‘fuck off Farke you fat lazy ****’

Not sure on this mind although he set us up well last night, we have looked horrific during most of his spell in charge of the team. The First half against Swansea as an example was up there with the worst I've seen

I get the impression he over thinks things quite a bit and doesn't give the players clear messages on what they are meant to be doing, I think he comes across as quite arrogant too but to be fair I'm not a fan at all hos I'm biased. Whoever gets the job for next season I'd prefer them to get rid of all our current 1st team coaching team and bring in their own people but this won't happen

Don't know what it was like tonight but at home Doddsy seems more interested in making sure his water bottle is exactly in the corner of his techcial area

Thats a sign of nerves. Its also very evident in his interviews, although he's starting to relax a little bit more recently.

I just think Sunderland is too much for him at present. He really feels the weight of the club on him and wants to impress.

If he really wants to be a head coach then I honestly think he should go and be head coach in league 1 next year at a smalller but well ran club.

Then again there’s plenty of players and coaches who say shouting from the touchline does very little.only players right next to coach can hear anything and overall view of the game from there is crap

Can never understand why the managers/coaches don't watch the match from the stands like they do in rugby league, hell of a better overall view of what's going on & a radio link to the other coaching staff on the touch line.

Can never understand why the managers/coaches don't watch the match from the stands like they do in rugby league, hell of a better overall view of what's going on & a radio link to the other coaching staff on the touch line.
Aye. Remember Reidys little phone at the sol! 😊

People saying Leeds fans piss poor 😀
I wish our home support was as piss poor as theirs for singing
It was very poor last night. For a team just out of premier league and going for top spot it was shocking.
Yes when it’s good it’s good but so are many grounds including ours .

I sat in their Kop End late 80s / early 90s, sure we got beat 2-0. It was a bit hairy back then, and I had had a few beers beforehand so I wasn't sat there exactly cheering Leeds on. I wouldn't fancy doing it again

Back