A question for the gin connoisseurs on here

I think I’m right in saying Plymouth Gin is a ‘style’ that is now only produced by one distillery. So probably quite difficult to find a one with really similar characteristics.

Short of going for the Navy strength version, go for something totally different. Monkey 47 would be my recommendation.
Monkey is great if you like a strong citrus flavour, McQueen's also.

The quirkiest I've had recently is Brockmans, which somehow tastes exactly like skittles.

Bombay Gin (not Sapphire) is currently priced at £16 for a litre in Asda, it's very good for the price. Aldi's own make is canny, but I was on their website the other day and they have loads to choose from for a decent price.
My favourite is Tanqueray, but I don't buy it these days as it's too expensive, I've always wanted to try the more expensive versions Rangpur and No 10, maybe one day :lol:.

Rangpur and No 10 are tremendous, we are on the Rangpur now and flattened the No 10 at Xmas, lovely!
Always fetch a few bottles back from duty free in May and September, rude not to

I always knew I was ahead of my time, I was a gin drinker long before it became the in thing.
I'm not into these flavoured gins/liqueurs, mostly too sweet.
IMHO Monkey 47 is vastly overrated ,especially at the price.
My personal favourite is Tanqueray No 10, try it with decent tonic, Fentiman's if you can get hold of it or Fever Tree
add some pink grapefruit.
I know some people say that all gins taste the same (perfume) but try a teaspoon neat when you open a bottle
and you will find some are much more complex than others.

Love gin. Beautiful with fresh orange. Tonic is too bitter for me.

Gordon’s, tanqueray and Bombay sapphire are top class. Bought one of Aldi’s specials the other month. Nice.

Between us me and my wife could drink a bottle a night. No problem. Git fuckoff massive tumblers with loads of ice, lemon and lime.

Best drink out there.

Evening all,
Mrs Tomma (don't, just don't) enjoys a gin every now and then, but only really likes Plymouth Gin.
She wants to try a different brand, but wants it to taste like the Plymouth (I don't know why the dizzy bat doesn't just buy some more Plymouth, but anyway).
Any suggestions?
Also, I've seen some people recommending some gins from Aldi / Lidl etc - are there any decent ones?
For the record, I can't stand the stuff.
Just convert to a decent single malt and be done with.

Back