A & E waiting times

Wasn't yes. I believe it would be exactly the same now. They all have to make cuts.
There`s no way Labour would have mauled the public sector so savagely. The Tories must enjoy doing it. we are the 5th biggest economy in the world yet our public services are in a dire condition.

It was about six hours wait when I took my son last year but he passed out on the waiting room floor and jumped the queue! They couldn't find him a bed so he had to sleep on a trolley in the corridor on A&E overnight.
This should never happen. If it was a one off episode on a particularly busy night then maybe, it could be explained but it`s not a one off, it`s virtually every day. Everybody seems to have the same type of experience of waiting and waiting, sometimes in a very ill condition. This is just NOT acceptable in a civilised society. Do you think that the Queen would wait or a member of the cabinet or the House of Lords??? Then why should we. This would not happen if the NHS was resourced properly and had adequate staffing levels. This will only get worse when we can no longer bring in workers so easily from Europe and further afield. It needs more not less staff.

Last edited:

There`s no way Labour would have mauled the public sector so savagely. The Tories must enjoy doing it. we are the 5th biggest economy in the world yet our public services are in a dire condition.

This should never happen. If it was a one off episode on a particularly busy night then maybe, it could be explained but it`s not a one off, it`s virtually every day. Everybody seems to have the same type of experience of waiting and waiting, sometimes in a very ill condition. This is just NOT acceptable in a civilised society. Do you think that the Queen would wait or a member of the cabinet or the House of Lords??? Then why should we. This would not happen if the NHS was resourced properly and had adequate staffing levels. This will only get worse when we can no longer bring in workers so easily from Europe and further afield. It needs more not less staff.

I think you are bang on with your expectations. The problem we have however is that we create a demand surge because we have a population who knows they can get smacked up /pissed up / punched up / fatted up / lung cancered up / chlamydia’d up etc with absolutely zero financial consequences. I don’t know what the alternative is apart from people paying as they need it. It’s an absolute disgrace that clean living, tax paying people need to even see an A&E weekend environment.

I think you are bang on with your expectations. The problem we have however is that we create a demand surge because we have a population who knows they can get smacked up /pissed up / punched up / fatted up / lung cancered up / chlamydia’d up etc with absolutely zero financial consequences. I don’t know what the alternative is apart from people paying as they need it. It’s an absolute disgrace that clean living, tax paying people need to even see an A&E weekend environment.
Well, for people who are drunk on a Friday or Saturday night I wouldn`t object to a £100 charge. Genuinely ill people shouldn`t have to sit amongst aggressive pissheads in A&E. Perhaps we should also have more walk in centres to deal with the non emergency stuff. Surely it`s not beyond our comprehension to work something out.

Well, for people who are drunk on a Friday or Saturday night I wouldn`t object to a £100 charge. Genuinely ill people shouldn`t have to sit amongst aggressive pissheads in A&E. Perhaps we should also have more walk in centres to deal with the non emergency stuff. Surely it`s not beyond our comprehension to work something out.

i'm sure all pisspots in A and E on fri/sat night won't have 100 quid on them.if they did they'd still be out on the piss

It’s not just A&E though mate. Resources are stretched because people live lifestyles knowing they will get patched up regardless. It’s got to the stage where if we all want free healthcare at the point of use it’s going to be mediocre at best, on average. We have a major issue with self interest in this country.

It’s not just A&E though mate. Resources are stretched because people live lifestyles knowing they will get patched up regardless. It’s got to the stage where if we all want free healthcare at the point of use it’s going to be mediocre at best, on average. We have a major issue with self interest in this country.

Dont be daft man.

Are you saying more people get injured these days than say 20 years ago?

Nowt to do with closing half the A&Es down then?

God help you if you live in Northumberland and have a serious issue after hours.

Back