A disappointing development on The Riveira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greasy Joes?
Not sure ..opposite the aquatic shop and was next door to a hairdressers ....was basically across road from the Derby..one lad has called it sweaty Betty's u call it greasy joes. Me and lads thought it was topper if a little crammed on match days. He did cowboy and Geordie suppers back then as well as a curried bun with batter class for an athlete like moi!

Not sure ..opposite the aquatic shop and was next door to a hairdressers ....was basically across road from the Derby..one lad has called it sweaty Betty's u call it greasy joes. Me and lads thought it was topper if a little crammed on match days. He did cowboy and Geordie suppers back then as well as a curried bun with batter class for an athlete like moi!

Ah mate. Just cause I remember it as greasy joes doesn't mean it wasn't topper, it was. I know exactly which one you mean. Was next to the hairdresser's like you say and Blaineys the offy.

The current Mr Universe runs the one on Hylton road. Wonder if this is his attempt at taking over the vape universe.

Sweaty Betties that.

Ah mate. Just cause I remember it as greasy joes doesn't mean it wasn't topper, it was. I know exactly which one you mean. Was next to the hairdresser's like you say and Blaineys the offy.
Sorry marra didn't take it u didn't like it chippys had those " affectionate "names back then...!!that's the one.... Great memories roker park...sol and match days a bit soul less in comparison don't kna why exactly., maybe just results cos it was like old days home v Everton under Sam..maybe just a lot younger at roker and was all relatively new as a kid with your mates so exciting.. My Lads love the match in spite of the results so hey ho

Sorry marra didn't take it u didn't like it chippys had those " affectionate "names back then...!!that's the one.... Great memories roker park...sol and match dūays a bit soul less in comparison don't kna why exactly., maybe just results cos it was like old days home v Everton under Sam..maybe just a lot younger at roker and was all relatively new as a kid with your mates so exciting.. My Lads love the match in spite of the results so hey ho

Great memories indeed mate. I was the same. Used to love the crowded streets around the ground, the smells, the buzz etc. I had a brother who lived through there so on the odd occasion sneaked in for last 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back