A disappointing development on The Riveira

Greasy Joes?
Not sure ..opposite the aquatic shop and was next door to a hairdressers ....was basically across road from the Derby..one lad has called it sweaty Betty's u call it greasy joes. Me and lads thought it was topper if a little crammed on match days. He did cowboy and Geordie suppers back then as well as a curried bun with batter class for an athlete like moi!

Not sure ..opposite the aquatic shop and was next door to a hairdressers ....was basically across road from the Derby..one lad has called it sweaty Betty's u call it greasy joes. Me and lads thought it was topper if a little crammed on match days. He did cowboy and Geordie suppers back then as well as a curried bun with batter class for an athlete like moi!

Ah mate. Just cause I remember it as greasy joes doesn't mean it wasn't topper, it was. I know exactly which one you mean. Was next to the hairdresser's like you say and Blaineys the offy.

Sweaty Betties that.

Ah mate. Just cause I remember it as greasy joes doesn't mean it wasn't topper, it was. I know exactly which one you mean. Was next to the hairdresser's like you say and Blaineys the offy.
Sorry marra didn't take it u didn't like it chippys had those " affectionate "names back then...!!that's the one.... Great memories roker park...sol and match days a bit soul less in comparison don't kna why exactly., maybe just results cos it was like old days home v Everton under Sam..maybe just a lot younger at roker and was all relatively new as a kid with your mates so exciting.. My Lads love the match in spite of the results so hey ho

Sorry marra didn't take it u didn't like it chippys had those " affectionate "names back then...!!that's the one.... Great memories roker park...sol and match dūays a bit soul less in comparison don't kna why exactly., maybe just results cos it was like old days home v Everton under Sam..maybe just a lot younger at roker and was all relatively new as a kid with your mates so exciting.. My Lads love the match in spite of the results so hey ho

Great memories indeed mate. I was the same. Used to love the crowded streets around the ground, the smells, the buzz etc. I had a brother who lived through there so on the odd occasion sneaked in for last 15 minutes.

Back