84% OPPOSE The Hundred

I don't know whether this has occurred to you, but this is not about Durham or the ECB.

It's about attracting new people to the game, because the future is not bright at all, as levels are dropping clubs are folding and conceding games.
But it does have an effect of Durham and it does have an effect on red ball cricket. At the very least some scepticism is justified.

But it does have an effect of Durham and it does have an effect on red ball cricket. At the very least some scepticism is justified.

Well of course and that's a balanced argument, of course some scepticism is justified and it's inevitable fans of counties will be concerned, that's natural.

But the bottom line and bigger picture imo , is cricket needs more participation at youth level and now has to compete with loads of other distractions such as football summer leagues, playstations etc etc.

Something has to be done about it, and instead of giving it a try to see if it works, by some ( not you) its meet with I hope it fails and is a disaster.

I just find that churlish and childish.

Why anyone who loves cricket would want something to be a disaster that could bring well needed new blood into the game is staggering imo,

And that's before they have even watched one bloody game!

All the people slagging it off are not exactly full of other ideas how to increase and create ideas to get people playing more cricket.

This constant having a go at the ECB, for every little thing I just find tiresome to be honest, at least they doing something to try and get more kids playing.

And are now getting cricket into more homes and on more tellys.

Last edited:
Lovely, just simply no need.

Sometimes that’s all that’s left to say.

When things are repeated to you over and over and over and f***ing OVER again. Yet you STILL dont get it. There is nothing left but to acknowledge how much of a f***ing weapon you’re dealing with and walk away.

Your last post, you said you didn’t see people putting up any ideas on how to improve the game and participation. What the fuck have you been reading all these years? There are HUNDREDS of ideas on here and on social media AND in the mainstream media of how to improve the game without killing 10 counties.

I won’t entertain this empty vessel anymore.

Something has to be done about it, and instead of giving it a try to see if it works, by some ( not you) its meet with I hope it fails and is a disaster.

I just find that churlish and childish.

Why anyone who loves cricket would want something to be a disaster that could bring well needed new blood into the game is staggering imo,

And that's before they have even watched one bloody game!

It's a well worn argument, there is nothing in the 16.4 that could not have happened with the Blast. But we were told over and over again that it couldn't happen, just a pack of lies from people with an ulterior motive. Moving away from overs means that the format isn't comparable to any other, you could argue it isn't even cricket at all.

The ECB have been trying to take the power away from the Counties for ages, and this is how they're going to do it. It seems that because you aren't invested in the domestic game you can't see what an absolute hoof in the balls it is for those of us that do.

Fuck everything to do with this power grab, I hope it crashes so hard that it takes the current board of the ECB with it.

Sometimes that’s all that’s left to say.

When things are repeated to you over and over and over and f***ing OVER again. Yet you STILL dont get it. There is nothing left but to acknowledge how much of a f***ing weapon you’re dealing with and walk away.

Your last post, you said you didn’t see people putting up any ideas on how to improve the game and participation. What the fuck have you been reading all these years? There are HUNDREDS of ideas on here and on social media AND in the mainstream media of how to improve the game without killing 10 counties.

I won’t entertain this empty vessel anymore.

I have said before I am not on social media, the only idea on here has been to get the blast on free to air which unfortunately isn't happening, other than that people including yourself in fact mostly yourself just twist, twist and more twist and take every opportunity possible to criticise something that could possibly bring new blood to the game and that before you have even watched one ball!

As for silly comments you said the future looks bright when it clearly doesn't, how you can't see that new blood is needed is simply beyond me.

It's probably because of you hatred towards the ECB, that clouds every discussion you have about cricket.

It's a well worn argument, there is nothing in the 16.4 that could not have happened with the Blast. But we were told over and over again that it couldn't happen, just a pack of lies from people with an ulterior motive. Moving away from overs means that the format isn't comparable to any other, you could argue it isn't even cricket at all.

The ECB have been trying to take the power away from the Counties for ages, and this is how they're going to do it. It seems that because you aren't invested in the domestic game you can't see what an absolute hoof in the balls it is for those of us that do.

Fuck everything to do with this power grab, I hope it crashes so hard that it takes the current board of the ECB with it.

I have said many times that would have been happy for the current blast to be on free to air, however unfortunately it has not happened.

Iit's gone it's not happening rightly or wrongly.

To me the most important thing is free to air telly coverage.

I understand concerns of fans of counties, just happen to think the longevity, participation and take up of the sport by young people is more important.

Last edited:
And you don't think more cricket available on free to air telly has a better chance than doing that than currently?

For example kids watching this then taking up playing, you have said yourself correctly that cricket is not what it was and that it is struggling on not in free to air telly and it saddens you the state of the game,, yet criticising someone to some body doing something about it.
Except they are doing nothing about it.

They are sticking a go-faster stripe on T20, chucking cash at some creative mates in ad agencies, and weakening some counties by not letting them compete in it. It won't get more kids watching the game or playing it, particularly in Durham.

It is a rehashing of a format which at county level is already on the slide nationally. And while a massive marketing budget gets burnt on launching a format no-one needs, grassroots of the game is starved of investment.

There are three formats already in county cricket. Why not make those more accessible, and invest in grassroots development ?

Last edited:
Except they are doing nothing about it.

They are sticking a go-faster stripe on T20, chucking cash at some creative mates in ad agencies, and weakening some counties by not letting them compete in it.

It is a rehashing of a format which at county level is already on the slide nationally. And while a massive marketing budget gets burnt on launching a format no-one needs, grassroots of the game is starved of investment.

There are three formats already in county cricket. Why not make those more accessible, and invest in grassroots development ?

There need people to be interested and more people to take up the game in the first place before doing any of that.

It's not the investment that's the problem, it's the interest and completition of other distractions.

They trying to create more interest in the game, which is a good thing!

As for silly comments you said the future looks bright when it clearly doesn't, how you can't see that new blood is needed is simply beyond me.

I was talking about the future of Durham CCC.

A team you admit to not supporting. So how would you know anything about that? It’s not the only thing that’s beyond you, as you continuously show.

Love your attempt to imply I’m the only one twisting about the hundred and/or the ECB. When practically everyone on here bar you isn’t against it :lol: .

Once again proving to everyone what an empty vessel you are.

I had considered providing a definition of that for you, to save you reporting me again. Not worth the energy though.

I was talking about the future of Durham CCC.

A team you admit to not supporting. So how would you know anything about that? It’s not the only thing that’s beyond you, as you continuously show.

Love your attempt to imply I’m the only one twisting about the hundred and/or the ECB. When practically everyone on here bar you isn’t against it :lol: .

Once again proving to everyone what an empty vessel you are.

I had considered providing a definition of that for you, to save you reporting me again. Not worth the energy though.

I am not going to trade insults with you, I have never reported anyone on this board at anytime not once.

Although I have received a notification saying one of my posts has been deleted.

I enjoy the debate too much,and have never said you not the only one twisting as you clearly aren’t.

But you the one twisting the most and creating threads trying to constantly slaughter something that could clearly bring much needed blood to the game!

I refuse to call you names back and will continue to debate the subject with my points.

You seem someone who doesn’t like people having the opposite view from yourself which we clearly do as look at cricket from very diffrent angles.

Equally though there are people on here criticizing it who have nothing to do with the grass roots side of things.

Those who spent the summer watching the WC and Ashes will think the game is doing well. Those involved at local clubs with no juniors and ageing squads will be worried.

Everyone takes a different view of the game and a different view of what's needed.

(Yet another) Fantastic article by George Dobell (no surprise) for The Cricketer Magazine about this abomination.

Key points - T20 crowds in 2019 are UP.
The hush money given to the counties was nothing more than a bribe and in time won’t begin to cover the shortfalls of not having meaningful white ball cricket of their own.

Anyone with a subscription able to share it?

Equally though there are people on here criticizing it who have nothing to do with the grass roots side of things.

Those who spent the summer watching the WC and Ashes will think the game is doing well. Those involved at local clubs with no juniors and ageing squads will be worried.

Everyone takes a different view of the game and a different view of what's needed.

Once again though. There is not one single thing about the 16.4 which could not have been done within the County structure and The Blast. They spent years saying that nothing could be done, but as soon as they dream up a way to take games away from the counties, everything is possible. It's complete and utter bullshit from start to finish.

Can we go and see Ben Stokes Dad? No. Why? Because home games are 60 miles away, and he's only a brand ambassador today anyway.

Once again though. There is not one single thing about the 16.4 which could not have been done within the County structure and The Blast. They spent years saying that nothing could be done, but as soon as they dream up a way to take games away from the counties, everything is possible. It's complete and utter bullshit from start to finish.

Can we go and see Ben Stokes Dad? No. Why? Because home games are 60 miles away, and he's only a brand ambassador today anyway.

Again though, that isn't my argument.

My point is that - regardless of the fact it could have been loads better - cricket and the grassrootsin particular will be far better for it succeeding than failing.
£125,000 for Chris Gayle represents EVERYTHING that's wrong with Cricket in 2019.

He was class in the early ODIs this year to be fair. In terms of having charismatic blokes to inspire he ticks a box too.

Last edited:
Again though, that isn't my argument.

My point is that - regardless of the fact it could have been loads better - cricket and the grassrootsin particular will be far better for it succeeding than failing.

Opinion.

Maybe if it fails they'll manage to get their act together and back the counties to the same level, clubs with an identity and double the regional coverage.

Back