8 Year Old Stabbed to Death

Terrible that shit like this happens but unfortunately it wont be the last. Poor bairn. I'd be very surprised if it were the work of a sound mind.

These events are awful, and I find it impossible to understand how a parent could do that to their own child.

Is a terrible reminder of a terrible fact, which gets washed away in our fears: if you are a parent, the person that your child is most at risk of murder from is you; the person that your child is most at risk of abuse from is you, and then the next step away from that is someone else in your family. We tend to think of the stranger lurking in the shadows, the weird bloke hanging round the playground, the abuse gang in the pizza shop, because we know it couldn't be us - but probably most of the people who kill their own children thought that too for most of their lives. What turns them from one of us to one of them is something I find so hard to get my head around, and although I don't agree with Boris' 'simply evil' view, it's tempting as an explanation in the security it provides.

My view on this might be coloured by the fact that someone I know (not well) who appeared to everyone who knew him as the most quiet and gentle soul is currently facing murder and and attempted murder charges.

These events are awful, and I find it impossible to understand how a parent could do that to their own child.

Is a terrible reminder of a terrible fact, which gets washed away in our fears: if you are a parent, the person that your child is most at risk of murder from is you; the person that your child is most at risk of abuse from is you, and then the next step away from that is someone else in your family. We tend to think of the stranger lurking in the shadows, the weird bloke hanging round the playground, the abuse gang in the pizza shop, because we know it couldn't be us - but probably most of the people who kill their own children thought that too for most of their lives. What turns them from one of us to one of them is something I find so hard to get my head around, and although I don't agree with Boris' 'simply evil' view, it's tempting as an explanation in the security it provides.

My view on this might be coloured by the fact that someone I know (not well) who appeared to everyone who knew him as the most quiet and gentle soul is currently facing murder and and attempted murder charges.
Good post.

For what its worth, a lad I worked with for about six years and who I had beers with and went to concerts with is currently serving quite a few years having been convicted of murdering his wife.

Was he an evil person? Well, the lad I knew never presented as that. Quite the opposite. He was and I still am a police officer. Contrary to popular belief on this board we are human. We have emotions. We do a job that shows us exactly what humanity is capable of on an almost daily basis and we wouldn’t last more than six months in the job if we allowed our emotions to run riot. So the bloke i knew was a good decent man during the entire time i knew him. He certainly was not evil as murderers are portrayed by the press. He committed a heinous act and is now suffering the consequences of that act.

As someone on here said, we can’t just classify people as good or evil; thats far too simplistic and doesn’t take into account a whole plethora of other emotions.

Great, let's send them to group therapy sessions where we can 'reach out' to them and give them cuddles 'cause stabbing your 8 year old daughter is just an 'illness' really, underneath they're decent human beings. Or we could just hang the bastard,live, on National television. Pisses me off that twats like him will be fed,kept warm, 24 hour medical care etc for the rest of his life, paid for by the taxpayer. Some old people don't get that and they've done nothing wrong.

Great, let's send them to group therapy sessions where we can 'reach out' to them and give them cuddles 'cause stabbing your 8 year old daughter is just an 'illness' really, underneath they're decent human beings. Or we could just hang the bastard,live, on National television. Pisses me off that twats like him will be fed,kept warm, 24 hour medical care etc for the rest of his life, paid for by the taxpayer. Some old people don't get that and they've done nothing wrong.
And this typifies why we abolishrd the death penalty and judge cases on facts and not emotions and why our legal system is not based on revenge.

Nobody disputes that this is an awful awful crime, but legal murder of the perpetrator is not and never has been the answer.

Great, let's send them to group therapy sessions where we can 'reach out' to them and give them cuddles 'cause stabbing your 8 year old daughter is just an 'illness' really, underneath they're decent human beings.

The post you're replying to said nothing like that: the bloke's a monster and I don't care if he dies, but you carry on.

Absolutely horrific loss of a beautiful little girl, troubling that the dad had just posted a picture of her looking happy eating pizza and then he stabs her to death. He apparently doted on his kids, I cant fathom what would make someone snap like that in a split second, truly scary.

RIP Mylee :cry:

Poor little lass :( and family!

Incidentally, the man charged is the brother of one of the DS’ from SAS Who Dares Wins...

The former bodyguard of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie!

Back