7D Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

When (if) these start selling later in the year, how much do you expect the 2nd hand 7D's to be going for?

sold mine for £620 just t'other week. Which to the untrained eye is a cracking deal! I only paid £100 more and took over 15000 photos with it.

It's starting to be a bit of a dated camera now and if the MK II comes out I can see the price dropping even more.

Problem for those wanting to sell it to upgrade to an MK II is that if you sell now you won't have a camera, and if you wait it'll be worth less.

That's what happens though and unless shooting fast moving action I'd recommend the Ayesane route of sell now and get a 6D

What's it's ISO performance like V 7D?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's FF.

Aye worlds apart and I mean WORLDS!

What's it's ISO performance like V 7D?

chalk and cheese. 6d is possibly the second best Canon there is for low light, better then the 5d mkIII some say.

7d is a million times better with the clumsy focus of the 6d (it really is shit). 7d also had a huge buffer and can easily do 50 images before it starts to think .. 6d you're lucky to get 7. :lol: 7d is a cracking camera and IMO is technically much better then the 6d, just not FF and does not have the low light.

Here is a ISO 12800 with zero NR:

Logon or register to see this image

it's pretty unbelievable TBH..

Last edited by a moderator:
chalk and cheese. 6d is possibly the second best Canon there is for low light, better then the 5d mkIII some say.

7d is a million times better with the clumsy focus of the 6d (it really is shit). 7d also had a huge buffer and can easily do 50 images before it starts to think .. 6d you're lucky to get 7. :lol: 7d is a cracking camera and IMO is technically much better then the 6d, just not FF and does not have the low light.

That is fantastic....

I wonder if the 7D MK2 is going to have better ISO performance than the 7D?

Thing is you can't compare low light performance of the 6D & 5D MKIII without looking at the focus issues of the 6D in even moderately low light. ISO performance is about on par but a shot I tried to and failed to lock focus with the 6D outer focal points locked instantly with the MKIII.

Low light performance is more than just ISO performance at the end of the day :)

Thing is you can't compare low light performance of the 6D & 5D MKIII without looking at the focus issues of the 6D in even moderately low light. ISO performance is about on par but a shot I tried to and failed to lock focus with the 6D outer focal points locked instantly with the MKIII.

Low light performance is more than just ISO performance at the end of the day :)

yer reet like- i should have said ISO performance. The 6d focusing system is shocking, it sometimes searches when it's overcast, even at the centre. :lol:

Tried some video at the weekend and auto focus barely works at all! :-O

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be hoying my 7D up for sale shortly with a few goodies along with it. Has a shutter count in the region of 8000, I think. haven't sorted a price yet.

yer reet like- i should have said ISO performance. The 6d focusing system is shocking, it sometimes searches when it's overcast, even at the centre. :lol:

Tried some video at the weekend and auto focus barely works at all! :-O

Really?! Might get a mk III

I struggled with it mate, had to do it in manual focus in the end. Probably me doing summit wrong, never done video before.

A might get a MKIII if you do like.

I'm learning the hard way that crop sensors are generally shite compared to FF. A second hand 5D II is looking great value at the moment.

It's fine in most cases but its not 100% so it comes down to how much you need to nail a specific shot. If you aren't doing stuff where you get one chance and that's it to get the pic then then 6D is all the camera you'd ever need

It's fine in most cases but its not 100% so it comes down to how much you need to nail a specific shot. If you aren't doing stuff where you get one chance and that's it to get the pic then then 6D is all the camera you'd ever need
I'm only joking Andy, I'd go for a 1dx, wouldn't fuck around with a mere mk iii

As most on here seem to be canon fans, can anyone explain the logic of the numbers?

As I understand it the
6 is top end professional
60 is professional
600 is a good camera, just cheaper build quality and a few less functions

but how and where do the 7/70/700 range fit in and the 5/50/500 range?

And is the 1 still the be all and have all?

And where does the rarely mentioned 3 range fit in?

(I understand mark i mark ii and mark iii etc just being updated tweaked versions)

As most on here seem to be canon fans, can anyone explain the logic of the numbers?

As I understand it the
6 is top end professional
60 is professional
600 is a good camera, just cheaper build quality and a few less functions

but how and where do the 7/70/700 range fit in and the 5/50/500 range?

And is the 1 still the be all and have all?

And where does the rarely mentioned 3 range fit in?

(I understand mark i mark ii and mark iii etc just being updated tweaked versions)

6 is semi-pro
60 is enthusiast
600 loves their cat and pretty flowers.
1100 is basically a bridge, although pure dslr

1dx is pro, there is another level above, medium format, which Canon are not involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back