6music

Why are they pretending that Courtney Love was anything other than Kurt Cobain's lass today? Going on like she was some big figure in music and that. Just a dislikeable smackhead/big mouth really.

Their love-in with the absolute dross that is Soundgarden last week irked me somewhat n'arl.

Why are they pretending that Courtney Love was anything other than Kurt Cobain's lass today? Going on like she was some big figure in music and that. Just a dislikeable smackhead/big mouth really.

Their love-in with the absolute dross that is Soundgarden last week irked me somewhat n'arl.
Sounds like you’re just not a grunge fan? Hole were pretty popular.

Live Through This was a good album, Hole weren't ground breaking or owt but that record on it's own is better than a fair few others of the grunge oeuvre.

For some reason I read that as courtney barnett and kurt vile 😂😂

She was only a glorified groupie who managed to make literally one or two listenable songs. I don't know why 6 are giving her the full all day treatment because she hasn't been even half relevant for nearly 30 years.

I love it when they have their theme days. tbh I was a bit shocked to hear that today was Courtney Love day but there are actually loads of female fronted bands out now who would have been inspired by her and the likes of L7 & The Breeders.
And it's not as if it's all day, just a few features throughout the day.
Was funny last week on Kurt Cobain day when Huey Morgan introduced a Jay-Z song with "He once shared a lift with Kurt"

I’m just going to make people foam at the mouth by saying Malibu by Hole is arguably better than even the top Nirvana songs.
You’re right but don’t ignore the fact that Billy Corgan “helped” a lot of her work. So is/was it really her? I suppose the writing credits say so but you never know who contributed what do you?

You’re right but don’t ignore the fact that Billy Corgan “helped” a lot of her work. So is/was it really her? I suppose the writing credits say so but you never know who contributed what do you?
So what?

That’s music. Literally so many co writers on songs as well that we could argue this about anyone. I could tell you that all of Folklore was The National members (wasn’t probably) but it really doesn’t stop songs being brilliant when maybe they’re made by a contingent of people. I wasn’t in the room when Taylor Swift and whoever came up with the song.

For whatever the naysayers say, Courtney Love would have had some input into what I consider fantastic songs/music around that era that has inspired other artists. So cool, I think.

Back