6 to 1 for promotion

6/1 is insane mind I am gambler but would want at least 16/1 I think it would be amazing but totally unrealistic to be around the playoffs. Be very happy if we are never any bother and finish mid table.

Another tough league but I really believe we will make a good account of ourselves. The f***ing gaffer is amazing with us. Maybe heā€™s found his team. His interview where he interrupts and says ā€œIā€™m going to give them a wee waveā€ made me punch the air.

Bookie odds are purely based in what will make them a profit, not what they think will happen.
This.

Odds are based on bets taken. Someone putting Ā£100 at (say) 20/1 will see a significant downward shift in the odds. Similarly, Ā£100 on Norwich will see the odds on other teams marginally lengthen.

Itā€™s mathematics, not football knowledge that determine odds.

The reason behind it being such a shocking opening price is extremely simplistic.

Look at the likes of Stoke, Swansea, West Brom etc in that league and the odds they are. Itā€™s based on their clubā€™s stature - nothing more - nothing less.

Iā€™m probably explaining this appallingly as Iā€™m running on 4 hours sleep since Sunday, but for example, Stoke could be having a shocker of a season & theyā€™d still be favourites or close to favourites to beat someone like Luton even if Luton are doing well - as bookies know so many people will see the team name & it resonates as a not-so-long-ago PL team whereby punters will still hoy them in their accas regardless.

Saw this yesterday and some strange odds. I think this just goes to show how wide open the league is next year.
For one minute I am not suggesting we will piss it but as Luton have shown this season that play offs are achievable
This might have something to do with it!

Logon or register to see this image

Was listening g to Talks port yesterday and Burnley sound fucked. They could do what we did if reports are right

Aim should be to stay in the league, pure and simple. Anything else is a bonus. It's a tough league as we found out last time
Aim should be comfortable mid table. Consolidate our position in the league, give some of the young lads experience at that level and bring in some more players that can help us kick on.

Unless we unearth a couple of stars from the academy, we arenā€™t going up next season.

We now need a 2-3 year plan to get us back into the premier league. A few additions in the summer and there is no reason why we canā€™t have a very boring season and finish say 12-14th. Then kick on the following year

Back