5 points from 27 since Beale was sacked

And have a shitter team since then…
They've burnt through how many managers in their time here if you add in time satori has been here it looks even worse. That's not the outcome from a well run club. Everyone takes the piss out of watfords crazy owners I bet we are right up there with them with managers since satori walked into the club.

There's something seriously not right behind the scenes man, we have had the last three head coaches mention the experience and striker situation yet the two pulling the strings just shrug it off or say stuff like we've got experience in the team then name two lads not been in the country more than a few months it's crazy, everyone can see what the issues are but pinky and perky knarr better than 40k fans and head coaches with more time in the game than nearly both have been alive. They'll get nowhere if they don't learn from their mistakes, let's see if owt changes in the summer.

Well firstly, I didn't jump in - I was the original poster of those numbers - so if you can't even follow a thread I'm skeptical of your other conclusions. I was humouring you by excluding the League One stats because they were during Speakman's tenure and if we didn't achieve those numbers we wouldn't be in the CL, so they actually are relevant in assessing performance.

I never said we don't want to improve year over year - those are your words and assumptions. What we want to do and what actually happens are two different things and it doesn't always work out even with the best of efforts and intentions. Things have worked out well for Ipswich this season but they aren't up yet. Just because it worked out for them doesn't mean it should have worked out for every other club that wanted the same thing. In fact, it can't.

We spent years going up and down between the Premiership and Championship - for most of the past 60+ seasons we've been bottom half of the PL or upper half of CL. And we're back in that range. For a team that just dropped two divisions in two seasons and took four seasons to get out of League One we might want to temper expectations of storming back into the PL right away. Southampton went straight up 12 years ago but they're the only team to have done it and they were out of the PL for seven seasons before getting back. Ipswich may do it this year after being out of the PL for over 20 years. It's nowhere near as easy as many in here make it out to be.
So pleased when posters attempt to give history lessons. I've Been here for all of my time on this earth watching us so I'm fully aware of league finished. No lower than 3rd in ti's league from 95 -2017 so looking at lower midtable as success or even acceptable is plain wrong.

Ipswich aren't up but neither are the parachute clubs you so heralded. We chose not to go for promotion as its nit he owners plan, that's Been proven time and time again. In terms of clubs going up consecutively, very few clubs our size go down to league 1 so there's a very small sample to compare us to. I and many others see we can't be compared with the likes of Rotherham for example, in terms of history, fan base, facilities (albeit investment needed) and resources. Wolves went up within 2 years recently and haven't looked back, many on here would rather we stay in this league fearing defeats against the big clubs and the mags. Ironically they got us in the cup anyway. I'd much rather compete as high as possible than suffer our highest defeats at the sol against the likes of Stoke and an out of form Blackburn.

To say this season and last have been a blip and we're to progress upwards again is wishful thinking unless there's a u turn in strategy which won't happen. We've been overtaken by clubs a fraction of our size in.a short period of time. What's happened recently is ascembarrasing as any time you've included in you post. Change and action required and fast.

So pleased when posters attempt to give history lessons. I've Been here for all of my time on this earth watching us so I'm fully aware of league finished. No lower than 3rd in ti's league from 95 -2017 so looking at lower midtable as success or even acceptable is plain wrong.
So pleased when posters twist my words to support their own arguments. At no point have I said that lower mid-table is success, although it is relative success given where we have been since 2017. If you want to compare it to where you think we "should" be, based on a small sample size of clubs that have actually done it and with zero objective evidence, that's up to you but it's no wonder you live in perpetual misery. As far as I am concerned, the club is on a general upward trajectory that will take us back up and the events of the past few months are simply a setback in that process.

Dodd’s is a puppet for Speakman

Bellingham shite love to see his stats for distance covered today be lucky to do 1km
Distance covered meads nowt its what you do with the ball that counts. For far 2 many games he has done bugger all in my opinion.

Last edited:
So pleased when posters twist my words to support their own arguments. At no point have I said that lower mid-table is success, although it is relative success given where we have been since 2017. If you want to compare it to where you think we "should" be, based on a small sample size of clubs that have actually done it and with zero objective evidence, that's up to you but it's no wonder you live in perpetual misery. As far as I am concerned, the club is on a general upward trajectory that will take us back up and the events of the past few months are simply a setback in that process.
Not at all. You stayed yourself that year on year improvement isn't required and that there's a general upward trajectory. You know yourself that's making excuses for a huge drop.off this season. Look at transfers over 2 years now and you can see on field issues. That's without the shit show off field.

Not at all. You stayed yourself that year on year improvement isn't required and that there's a general upward trajectory. You know yourself that's making excuses for a huge drop.off this season. Look at transfers over 2 years now and you can see on field issues. That's without the shit show off field.
I did no such thing, so once again please stop twisting my comments. What I said was that year-on-year improvement is the goal but it isn't guaranteed to happen due to mistakes and factors beyond our control (injuries to key players, how other teams perform). And, by the way, pretty much everyone on this board was convinced that the Championship would be much more competitive this season so there was less room for error (i.e. last season's 69pts would probably put us 9th or 10th this year). If all the stars line up, you can be Ipswich but it very rarely happens. I'm interested in how we respond to this season's setback. You are free to be as angry and miserable as you like.

I did no such thing, so once again please stop twisting my comments. What I said was that year-on-year improvement is the goal but it isn't guaranteed to happen due to mistakes and factors beyond our control (injuries to key players, how other teams perform). And, by the way, pretty much everyone on this board was convinced that the Championship would be much more competitive this season so there was less room for error (i.e. last season's 69pts would probably put us 9th or 10th this year). If all the stars line up, you can be Ipswich but it very rarely happens. I'm interested in how we respond to this season's setback. You are free to be as angry and miserable as you like.
Injuries are very much under our control. The amount of injuries we've had over the last few years isn't luck, it's under investment in physiotherapy, player conditioning etc.

I've not twisted anything, merely read your posts. If you don't like your own argument that's your fault. You also can't say what 'pretty much everyone on this board think' unless you run a poll. No need to put words into other members mouths.

Injuries are very much under our control. The amount of injuries we've had over the last few years isn't luck, it's under investment in physiotherapy, player conditioning etc.

I've not twisted anything, merely read your posts. If you don't like your own argument that's your fault. You also can't say what 'pretty much everyone on this board think' unless you run a poll. No need to put words into other members mouths.
OK, now you're just boring me.

Back