5 points from 27 since Beale was sacked

Given that most of those bs were in the 2nd tier that's not a great record mind.
OK then. Our Championship record is 33W, 22D, 32L, which is a 64pt season pace. That's upper mid-table on the fringe of the playoffs. But let's fixate on a the worst part of that stretch because that's the "real" team and shows what will happen next season.

OK then. Our Championship record is 33W, 22D, 32L, which is a 64pt season pace. That's upper mid-table on the fringe of the playoffs. But let's fixate on a the worst part of that stretch because that's the "real" team and shows what will happen next season.
Your 2nd attempt still has almost as many defeats as victories and a decent amount of draws. You'd take it in top flight buy nit 2nd tier. We're underperforming as a club.

Stopped playing 11 against 11. Well I never. We produced an exciting young side playing some of the best football for a generation. Sound familiar. Having said that we had strikers back then.
Wasn’t a PL with three relegated sides with a £50m difference in TV money either. Or PSR.

Wasn’t a PL with three relegated sides with a £50m difference in TV money either. Or PSR.
Psr actually helps the bigger clubs. The promoted clubs have debts and outgoings. Its up to us to compete not give up before a ball is kicked. Difference being, for all his faults Murray wanted promotion, can't say the same for this lot. See my previous posts for my reasoning behind this.

It's also not stopping Ipswich.

Psr actually helps the bigger clubs. The promoted clubs have debts and outgoings. Its up to us to compete not give up before a ball is kicked. Difference being, for all his faults Murray wanted promotion, can't say the same for this lot. See my previous posts for my reasoning behind this.

It's also not stopping Ipswich.
Again. It’s different. Parachute payments make a massive difference. Three clubs are permitted a bigger loss than anyone else before a ball kicked AND receive extra TV income.

Fair play to Ipswich although I must have missed them definitely being promoted? Now do Coventry, Hull, Sheff Wed, Leeds etc in the interests of balance.

Last edited:
Again. It’s different. Parachute payments make a massive difference.

Fair play to Ipswich although I must have missed then definitely being promoted? Now do Coventry, Hull, Sheff Wed etc in the interests of balance.
Parachute payments make a difference but to paraphrase you 'I must have missed all relegated clubs automatically going straight back up"

There's no reason we couldn't go up. A small amount of investment in key positions would have seen us up by now. Instead we did all we could not to go up last year and ripped that squad to bits and replaced it with what we have now. It's going to take a lot of work to get close to a side who've overtaken us from a league below, let alone those you mentioned.

Parachute payments make a difference but to paraphrase you 'I must have missed all relegated clubs automatically going straight back up"

There's no reason we couldn't go up. A small amount of investment in key positions would have seen us up by now. Instead we did all we could not to go up last year and ripped that squad to bits and replaced it with what we have now. It's going to take a lot of work to get close to a side who've overtaken us from a league below, let alone those you mentioned.
Define “small amount” though. It’s not small.

Define “small amount” though. It’s not small.
Compared to the amounts spent in the league above it is. Its the wages we won't spend which kills us. Luton spent on wages and benefited. The majority of the league appears to be doing so. We've made a choice not to progress, it's not because it can't be done. It's actually very possible for a club of our size.

Back