5 league titles, we're still going strong 🎶

1936 – BACK ON TOP
Sunderland were champions again in 1936, as England international Raich Carter led them to Wembley glory (????), and one season later, they made history yet again as captain Carter led the club to their first FA Cup triumph courtesy of a 3-1 win over Preston North End at Wembley. The team also included Gurney, whose 228 goals remains a club record.

What sort of numpties are we employing here???
Really grinds on me we have released a document and have failed to get the English right on it. Do kids not get taught how to write at school?

I agree, history is important like. I sort of get the argument that the titles were years ago etc but 2024 will be years ago at some point and I'd never think "no point celebrating, no one will care eventually". Anything added to the honours list at any time is a reason to be proud, much though I do wish some more of the success had been within our lifetime
Funny how we all have different views on it, isn't it?

If we won anything in 2024, of course we should celebrate, but ultimately I don't really see why anyone in 2124 would/should particularly care what happened a century earlier.

It may just be that I'm not as invested as other fans in the success or failure of my club, to be fair. It isn't the be-all and end-all to me, football is just one of many things I enjoy.

If the fans aren't interested in our past glories and expect to have a team able to try and emulate that success then why would an owner, who is an outsider after all, think he's expected to be so.
No wonder he thought it was fine to let the mags walk all over us.

Back