5 league titles, we're still going strong 🎶

Jesus Christ you would think they would get someone to proof read , someone like a club historian perhaps or your average supporter, they don’t half like scoring own goals

f***ing ridiculous getting that wrong.
Any average Sunderland fan would have got that right because even if they didn't know our full history they would surely have taken their time to research and then get their report double checked before putting it on their clubs official website.
Either rank f***ing amateurs or deliberate infiltration by some mag prick who hasn't even got the decency to do a professional job.
KLD out

Obviously that’s wrong.

in a side note I hate that “six league titles, we’re still going strong” chant

It makes no sense whatsoever
Sorry, why doesn't it? I appreciate it's nicked from Celtic but it still makes sense

-Teachers did found the club
-I presume the did start with nowt at some point
-We have won 6 league titles (and should be more proud of it)
- All those years later we are still going strong. We're still a fantastic top division two side with massive fanbase.

f***ing ridiculous getting that wrong.
Any average Sunderland fan would have got that right because even if they didn't know our full history they would surely have taken their time to research and then get their report double checked before putting it on their clubs official website.
Either rank f***ing amateurs or deliberate infiltration by some mag prick who hasn't even got the decency to do a professional job.
KLD out
On reflection, I'm not so sure about the 'average' fan getting it right if this place is anything to go by..........

At least they've changed it - but as I mentioned earlier in the thread - it's been months since I let them know - and I bet I won't be the only one.

On reflection, I'm not so sure about the 'average' fan getting it right if this place is anything to go by..........

At least they've changed it - but as I mentioned earlier in the thread - it's been months since I let them know - and I bet I won't be the only one.
It still has 3 glaring errors.

It's embarrassing that the club can't get it right, but I have to say I don't really feel any sort of connection with the title-winning sides of the 1890s-1930s. Barely anyone alive can remember any of them except 1936, what does it really matter for the club in 2024?

It's embarrassing that the club can't get it right, but I have to say I don't really feel any sort of connection with the title-winning sides of the 1890s-1930s. Barely anyone alive can remember any of them except 1936, what does it really matter for the club in 2024?
Because we wouldnt have a club today if it wasnt for the history simple as that.

Too many people disregard history - remember you would be speaking german now so you should never underestimate how much of a factor history has in the existance of our lives

Because we wouldnt have a club today if it wasnt for the history simple as that.

Too many people disregard history - remember you would be speaking german now so you should never underestimate how much of a factor history has in the existance of our lives
Bit of a stretch to compare a football team's honours with the outcome of a world war, mind. :lol:

As an aside, given most Brits' prowess when it comes to foreign languages, I would be amazed if we managed to learn German in only 80 years.

I agree, history is important like. I sort of get the argument that the titles were years ago etc but 2024 will be years ago at some point and I'd never think "no point celebrating, no one will care eventually". Anything added to the honours list at any time is a reason to be proud, much though I do wish some more of the success had been within our lifetime

I’ve said it before. All the off-pitch issues - regular ticket issues, merchandise, BCB debacle, state of the ground and now this - just seems to reflect a lack of care at the club from top to bottom. Any other business run like this would eventually just die a death.

Back