4 games to go.......... Schedule/Standings - updated 28.8.23

Our lead will be 54 points ahead of our next game on Tuesday.

Tough old slog and watch in the last 6-7 years, it's fair to say Durham are on the verge of what would be a truly brilliant promotion. Of course we have 4 games to go starting on Tuesday, so we need to keep plodding on. Looking ahead to September we have fixtures against 3 teams all eyeing up 2nd place, it could be fascinating to see how those go. Will a team chasing 2nd blink and look to forfeit an innings/declare etc, surely it has to happen as I don't see a team breaking away clear.

We've just go to keep going. Avoid defeat this week and I'll be more than happy.

Durham 167 points. 4 games to go. 263 max
Sussex 113 points. 4 games to go. 209 max
Leicester and Worcester - 111 points. 4 games to go. 207 max
Glamorgan - 107 points. 4 games to go. 203 max
Yorkshire - 91 points. 5 games to go. 211 max

Durham - Yorkshire away, Sussex home, Worcester away, Leicester home
Sussex - Durham away, Leicester home, Derby away, Gloucester home - All games in September
Worcester - Gloucester away, Glamorgan home, Durham home, Yorkshire away
Leicester - Gloucester home, Sussex away, Yorkshire home, Durham away - All games in September
Glamorgan - Derby away, Worcester away, Yorkshire home, Derby home

Amazing to think that Sussex are currently standing in second place with the bizarre record of P 10 W 1 D 9 L 0 and even more amazing that the sole win was against us.:eek:

Strangely Glamorgan have the same record as Sussex.:eek::eek:

Haway Leicestershire - come and join us in the top flight.:D

So 7 points on the board moving us onto 174 points. Glamorgan move onto 120 points which is a 54 point gap.

IF Worcester win our lead will be cut to 39 points with 3 games to go. IF Worcester draw our lead to them would be 50 points.

Sussex are 61 points behind us and Leicester are 63 points behind us. Both teams have a game in hand.

Our 3 remaining games are Sussex at home, Worcester away and Leicester at home.

Durham - 246 points max
Sussex - 209 points max
Leicester - 211 points max
Glamorgan - 192 points max

Worcester - Either 207 points max OR if they draw tomorrow 196 points max.
worth noting Sussex have to play Leicester also. Worcester also have to play Glamorgan

Last edited:
So 7 points on the board moving us onto 174 points. Glamorgan move onto 120 points which is a 54 point gap.

IF Worcester win our lead will be cut to 39 points with 3 games to go. IF Worcester draw our lead to them would be 50 points.

Sussex are 61 points behind us and Leicester are 63 points behind us. Both teams have a game in hand.

Durham - 246 points max
Sussex - 209 points max

worth noting Sussex have to play Leicester also. Worcester also have to play Glamorgan
Basically 1 win and a few bonus points here and there will push us over the edge. Or a pair of draws.

Durham - 246 points max
Sussex - 209 points max

Have we actually been docked a point for being 1 over behind when the umpires have denied us a chance to chase some batting bonus points today?

Have we actually been docked a point for being 1 over behind when the umpires have denied us a chance to chase some batting bonus points today?
Correct as we got 5 for a draw and 3 bowling points, but came out of the game with 7 points. I've said so much about the umpiring and even at test level (last week at Old Trafford for example) where it's astounding the lack of desire to get on the field. Happening far too often at the moment. At least they got a free lunch before calling it off yesterday though

Correct as we got 5 for a draw and 3 bowling points, but came out of the game with 7 points. I've said so much about the umpiring and even at test level (last week at Old Trafford for example) where it's astounding the lack of desire to get on the field. Happening far too often at the moment. At least they got a free lunch before calling it off yesterday though
I see O'Shaugnessy was fit enough to come back on the 4th day and resume his duties ie calling it off early.

It’s a load of bollocks isn’t it :lol:

It pisses me off this sort of crap in the game. I read the match report on the Durham website;

"They called it off at the latter inspection" - Firstly it wasn't any sort of inspection as I've already mentioned in the match thread.

Secondly we lost around 200 overs in this game, and they have had the nerve to penalise a side for a -1 over rate.

Thirdly they sacked the game off in lovely weather yesterday with around 2 sessions available to play, albeit they could have given it another hour or so, this gives both sides opportunities to gain bonus points/reduce over rates and it gives the fans who have spent money the opportunity to watch some cricket. Some of those fans had paid £20 a ticket which is seemingly not refundable in cash.

If they want to get away early after their free lunch, they need to stop deducting teams points for a slow over rate, in this case -1, I could maybe understand it anything -3 for example but it's pathetic to do so when calling the game off 5 hours early.

The logic in the game is absolutely shot to bits and the umpires need to take a good long hard look at themselves, far too many these days don't fancy it and find it easier to just sack it off. Leicestershire away the other week being a classic example and even then they mis-communicated close of play :oops::oops:.

I've said it time and time again but the standard of umpiring in the county championship in recent years has become abysmal.
40 points ahead after Worcester win

Last edited:
So 40 points ahead of Worcester.

Durham - Sussex at home, Worcester away and Leicester at home.
Sussex - Durham away, Leicester home, Derby away, Gloucester home
Worcester - Glamorgan home, Durham home, Yorkshire away
Glamorgan - Worcester away, Yorkshire home, Derby home,
Leicester - Gloucester home, Sussex away, Yorkshire home, Durham away

Durham - 246 points max
Sussex - 209 points max
Worcester - 206 points max

Latest table

Durham - 174
Worcester - 134