3rd Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overall taking stock the series was not as bad as 3-0 suggests, England were on top at various stages of the series and our bowling was top notch.....however nobody can hide from the fact the batting has been woeful, and a few lads will no be looking over their shoulders.

Anyway...as Dexter said we are still number one, roll on Sri Lanka, onwards and upwards lads :cool:

Deplorable stuff from the batsmen.

The runs scored by Pakistan should have led to us winning it 3-0, not them.

True, but I don't think they offer as much of a threat as Pakistan did with Ajmal. Our batsmen just need to improve their mentality against slow bowlers.
There's definitely some sort of mental block with the batsmen.

Fair enough, Ajmal is a class bowler but Rehman is just your standard left arm finger spinner and he caused us all sorts of problems. I imagine Herath will be rubbing his hands together at the prospect of bowling at our players.

Earlier today Pietersen looked excellent against Rehman when he was using his feet and being positive. It was when he reverted back to prodding about the crease that problems started to develop. There's a lot of thinking to do for the batsmen before we go to SL.

There's definitely some sort of mental block with the batsmen.

Fair enough, Ajmal is a class bowler but Rehman is just your standard left arm finger spinner and he caused us all sorts of problems. I imagine Herath will be rubbing his hands together at the prospect of bowling at our players.

Earlier today Pietersen looked excellent against Rehman when he was using his feet and being positive. It was when he reverted back to prodding about the crease that problems started to develop. There's a lot of thinking to do for the batsmen before we go to SL.
Aye, ditch the South Africans and start again.

Deplorable stuff from the batsmen.

The runs scored by Pakistan should have led to us winning it 3-0, not them.

Couldnt agree more. This isnt even a new dawn for pakistan cricket - Ajmal apart they were bog standard but our batsmen were shameful.

I was impressed with their wicket keeper and Younis Khan has always been a class bat

He is their real class act but the fact is that he was so poor in the first two tests and Pakistan would still have won the series without him. I must admit I only really saw some of the last test so I havent seen much of their keeper.

I notice Flower was almost as critical of his own performance as you have been.

Will the players be allowed to have such a long break from Test matches again? September to late January must be the longest break we've had in years is it (i.e. no pre Christmas overseas tests)?

He is their real class act but the fact is that he was so poor in the first two tests and Pakistan would still have won the series without him. I must admit I only really saw some of the last test so I havent seen much of their keeper.

I notice Flower was almost as critical of his own performance as you have been.

Whoever maybe to blame, the players, the coach or the masseur, to have built a reputation on preparation, then questions need to be asked of what happened?

Good players dont become bad overnight.

The funny thing is I thought Pakistan would be the 'easiest' of the three tours to Asia due to their fragile batting line up. India and Sri Lanka boast vastly superior batting lines up to the one we have just come up against

Whoever maybe to blame, the players, the coach or the masseur, to have built a reputation on preparation, then questions need to be asked of what happened?

Good players dont become bad overnight.

The funny thing is I thought Pakistan would be the 'easiest' of the three tours to Asia due to their fragile batting line up. India and Sri Lanka boast vastly superior batting lines up to the one we have just come up against

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...-careers-on-the-spring-tour-to-Sri-Lanka.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back