3rd Test Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just typed in "who are the England Selectors" into google .. cos I don't know about anyone else but I'm confused about who is involved and what is the process.

I also looked for any information on the ECB website, but nothing.

I think they are James Whittaker, Angus Fraser and Mick Newell. So where does the coach and captain come into it?

I found an article from last year which said that Cook and Bayliss wanted Anderson to play but the selectors refused (based on fitness although Anderson himself said he was).

Just typed in "who are the England Selectors" into google .. cos I don't know about anyone else but I'm confused about who is involved and what is the process.

I also looked for any information on the ECB website, but nothing.

I think they are James Whittaker, Angus Fraser and Mick Newell. So where does the coach and captain come into it?

I found an article from last year which said that Cook and Bayliss wanted Anderson to play but the selectors refused (based on fitness although Anderson himself said he was).
It's all Root and Bayliss according to the idiots on here

T
No, its not.

Root picked Ballance, every single journo and pundit has said that. Why deny it?

And listen to Bayliss interview about Malan.
A captain, especially a new captain will get his own picks. I'm sure Vaughan wrote about not getting 5 bowlers before he resigned then in the next test Pietersen got 5 bowlers...

T

A captain, especially a new captain will get his own picks. I'm sure Vaughan wrote about not getting 5 bowlers before he resigned then in the next test Pietersen got 5 bowlers...

Yeah I agree. Not against it, just pointing it out

This. It's another selection of someone who is 'good in the team room' or 'good around the team'.

Mind I'd still play him over Dawson, cause he is shit.
Is there any point in selectors bayliss doesn't even go to games he just picks his favorites

Is there any point in selectors bayliss doesn't even go to games he just picks his favorites
Better to ask is there any point in a coach who doesn't know the county game?

Although I don't have an axe to grind against Bayliss, except perhaps an over-emphasis on white ball and he's joined in that by the whole ECB hierarchy perhaps next time pick a home grown coach with a CC background.

Given the difference in T20 and Test form cricket I wonder if they'll ever move to separate T20 and Test coaches - they are already two different teams.

Last edited:

Although I don't have an axe to grind against Bayliss, except perhaps an over-emphasis on white ball and he's joined in that by the whole ECB hierarchy perhaps next time pick a home grown coach with a CC background.

Given the difference in T20 and Test form cricket I wonder if they'll ever move to separate T20 and Test coaches - they are already two different teams.
Don't see why they can't as you say different teams totally Middlesex do it with vettori coaching there t20 team

I thought this the other day.

Bayliss is clearly very good and very effective with white-ball cricket, but hasn't got a scooby when it comes to Test. Have Bayliss as coach for the limited overs, and bring in someone who knows English cricket (Colly?) for proper cricket.

Initially I didn't really think that was an issue, if he had good people around him who could supply him with the necessary information. HOWEVER, it's quite clear that the people around him are absolute f***ing morons.

Bayliss is a poor red ball coach. Other than the away win against the SAffers he's been no better than Moores.

Superb with the white ball team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back