3rd Test Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopCat

Striker
No Stoneman

Joe Root (Yorkshire, captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Alastair Cook (Essex), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Keaton Jennings (Durham), Dawid Malan (Middlesex), Toby Roland-Jones (Middlesex), Ben Stokes (Durham), Tom Westley (Essex), Mark Wood (Durham).

So:

Cook
Jennings
Westley
Rooooooooot
Bairstow
Stokes
Ali
Dawson :neutral:
Wood
Broad
Anderson

Malan
Roland-Jones

Westley to bat at 3 apparently
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40666788

Last edited:

Screw England.

After the treatment meted out to Durham by the ECB, I can take no joy in England victories, and can only resent that the Durham team, already burdened by points deductions and a lower wage cap, then also has to supply its better talent to prop up this limp-wristed London-centric enterprise. It is f***ing feudal.

Wasn't getting picked when he was scoring runs for Durham so why do people think he'll get picked when scoring them for Surrey?

Lot of folk are quick to forget he's never scored too many when playing for he Lions either.

Back to back fifties last time he played for lions

Screw England.

After the treatment meted out to Durham by the ECB, I can take no joy in England victories, and can only resent that the Durham team, already burdened by points deductions and a lower wage cap, then also has to supply its better talent to prop up this limp-wristed London-centric enterprise. It is f***ing feudal.

London centric enterprise? The last Test side had three lads who had come through the ranks at Durham, three lads from Yorkshire, two from the midlands and a Lancastrian. One lad from properly down south (our only batsman to score 10k plus runs).

The ECB shafted Durham but I don't see why the actions of the game's administrators should have an impact on support of the playing side.

Edit: forgot about Dawson which is easily done

Don't get Malan. Our problem is we don't bat time or have anyone to dig in and grind out an innings, so go for another hitter... Makes perfect sense.

Bayliss doesn't have a clue when it comes to red ball cricket.

Wasn't getting picked when he was scoring runs for Durham so why do people think he'll get picked when scoring them for Surrey?

Lot of folk are quick to forget he's never scored too many when playing for he Lions either.

I reckon i'm being whooshed here :lol:

Because hes scoring miles more runs
Hes scored more centuries this season already than in the whole of last year
I though he had only played for the Lions once scoring loads

He only played once, scored 58 and 86.

Mind Westly got a century in the last Lions game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back